Sunday 25 June 2017

Sri Krishna Dhvadhashanama Panchara Sthothram – Lyrics and meanings



|| Jai Sriman Narayana ||









In the first place, I shall meditate upon the lotus feet of Lord Keshva who is wielded in powerful wheel, he has the luster of fruit of Jambhu, I shall meditate Narayana on the westwards, he is wielded in Shakha/conch, he has the luster of dark clouds, I shall meditate upon Madhava on the upper regions, he has the luster of blue lily, he is wielded in Gadha/mace, I shall meditate upon Lord Govindha on the southwards, he is wielded on bow and arrows, he has the luster of moon,  I shall meditate upon Lord Vishnu on north, he is wielded in Hala/plough and holds lotus flower in his hand,  I shall medicate upon Aravindha on the south eastern region, he has the luster of lotus flower, he is Musali as well as Madhusoodhana, I shall meditate upon Lord Thrivikrama who is decked in Gadga on his hand,  I shall meditate upon Niruthi who has extreme brilliance, I shall meditate upon  Vamana on the northwest, he is wielded in Vajrayudha, he has the radiance of sun in the early hours of dawn,  I shall meditate upon Pundarikabha on the  north-eastern region, I shall meditate upon Lord Sreedhara who is wielded in Pattasayudha, I shall meditate upon Lord Hrishikesha who has the brightness of lightning, he is the controller of senses,  I shall meditate upon Lord Padmanabha who dwells on the lotus like my heart, he has the luster of thousands of sun, I shall meditate upon supreme Lord who is wielded in numerous powerful weapons, he is omniscient and omnipresent as well, he is decked in weapon Pasha in his hand, he is unconquerable, I shall meditate upon Lord Dhamodhara who is all pervading, whoever recites or listens to these glorious verses of Dvadhasha Pancharam would remain free from all kinds of fears.


Purasthath Keshava: Pathu Chakri Jamboonadhaprabha: | Pashchan Narayana : Shankhi Neelajeemootha Sannibha: ||

Indheevaradhala Shyamo Madhavordhvam Gadhadhara: | Govindho Dhakshine Parshve Dhanvi Chandhraprabho Mahan||

Uththare Halabhrth Vishnu: Padhma Kinjilkasannibham |Agneyamaravindhabho Musali Madhusoodhana: ||

Thrivikrama: Gadgapani: Nairuthyam Jwalanaprabha: | Vayavyam Vamano Vajri Tharunadhithya Dheepthiman ||

Aishanyam Pundareekabha: Sreedhara: Pattasayudha: | Vidhyuthprabho Hrishikesha: Sabahyandhishi Mudhgari ||

Hrith Padme Padmanabho Mey Sahasrakka Samaprabha: | Sarvayudha Sarva Shakthi: Sarvajja Sarvathomukha: ||

Indhragopaka Sangasha: Pashahastho Aparajitha: | Sabahyabhyantharam Dheham Vyapya Dhamodhara: Sthitha: ||

Yevam Sarvathramacchidhram Nama Dhvadhasha Pancharam | Pravishto Aham Na Mey Kinchith Bhayamasthi Kadhachana ||


||Bhyam Nasthi Kadhachana Om Nama Ithi ||

|| Jai Sriman Narayana ||