Monday 25 April 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – Maya/ Illusion & Its effects on the intellect

 



Chapter – 54 -  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – Maya/illusion and its effects on the intellect

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Hari, your Maya is so powerful, I can’t remain calm, I have lost peace of mind, it is creating chaos in my intellect, hence I am not in a position to conduct worship at your lotus feet, or meditate or contemplate upon you. Oh! Prabho, whenever I get an opportunity to be with the noble souls, Santh, Mahathma, my mind gets serene for a while, like an elephant that takes bath elaborately in the pond, gets soaked in the sand immediately after the bath. Oh! Prabho, soon after leaving the association of Mahatmas, my mind gets back to impure thoughts. Oh! Prabho, I have exhausted wearing the costumes of a nobleman and stealing the wealth of others, like the entertainer makes money out of his/her gimmicks. Oh! Prabho, my mind keeps driving me into worldly matters, and it adopts various techniques to find pleasures in the infinite Shabda/sounds, Sparsha/touch, Rasa/passion, Roopa/appearances, and Gandha/smells. Oh! Prabho, my mind does not allow me to conduct meditation and worship of you, and it is not even thinking about the welfare of the afterlife on Earth. Oh! Prabho, your powerful Maya makes me drive away from you, and makes me completely forget the Sacchidhanandhaswaroopa Paramathma Parambhramam resides as a soul in me.”


Hari  Therau Bhajana Kiyau Na  Jayi | Kaha Karau Theri Prabala Maya Dhethi Man  Bharmayi || Jabai Avau Sadhu Sangathi Kacchuka Man  Daharayi | Jyau Gayandh Anhayi Saritha Bahuri Bahai Subhayi || Bepa Dhari Dhari Harayau Paradhana Sadhu Sadhu Kahayi | Jaisau Natava Lobha Karana Karatha Swanga Banayi || Karau Jathana Na  Bhajau Thum Kau Kachuka Man Upajayi | Sur Prabhu Ki Sabala Maya  Dhethi Mohi Bhulayi ||