Monday 25 April 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The increased interest in worldly matters & repeated cycles of birth and death

 



Chapter – 56 -  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – The increased interest in worldly matters & repeated cycles of birth and death

 

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Madhava, Oh! Prabho, your Maya has taken complete control over me, like the fireflies that get attracted to the fire, I have drenched in your Maya without any forethought, hence I have lost control of my senses, multiplied interest in worldly matters, lust, anger, desire, pride, ego, and jealousy. A home symbolizes lightened earthen lamp, wealth represents oil in it, women in the families are the wick in it, and the offspring and grandchildren are the flames in it. Oh! Prabho, I am ignorant, I did not understand the meaning of it, I have chased after the material welfare and pleasures, and completely drenched in it. I have got stuck in the net of worldly matters of fleeting nature like the parrot gets stuck inside the net spread by the hunter. Oh! Prabho, I am helpless, I have been tied to worldly matters forcibly, without any interest in it. Oh! Prabho, I am an ignorant one, I do not know gain or loss of interest in worldly matters, I have soaked in it completely and suffering from Thapathraya/three kinds of grief, 1)Adhyathmik – grief caused by aging, illnesses, separation from beloved ones, fear of death, etc. 2) Adhidheivik – grief caused by natural calamities, epidemic, flood, drought, famine, woodfire, earthquake, etc. 3) Adhibhauthik – grief caused by the attachment in worldly matters such as possession, wealth, money, richness, fame, children, wife, relatives, companions, etc. Oh! Prabho, I am an ignorant one, without the knowledge of Paramarththa Thaththva/absolute truth, Prakrithi/destructible nature of worldly matters and indestructible nature of soul/Purusha resides as a soul in the Jeeva, driven myself afar from the practice of devotion and worship of supreme Lord Sri Hari, thereby I have thrown myself into repeated births and taken several births in the womb of animals, reptiles, ugly creatures, birds, etc. Oh! Shyamsundhar, whoever surrendered at your lotus feet could not be thrown into the repeated births, how did it happen?”


Madhavu Ju Man  Maya Basa Keenhau | Labha Hani Kachu SamuchathaNahi Jyau Pathanga Than Dheenhau || Griha Dheepak Ghana Vel Thool Thiya Sutha Jwala Athi Jor | Mei  Mathiheena Marama Nahi Janyau Parayau Adhika Kari Dhaur || Bibasa Bhayau Nalini  Ke Suka Jyau Bina Guna Mohi Grahyau | Mei Ajjyana Kacchu Nahi Samujjyau Pari Dhukha Punjja Sahyau|| Bahuthak Dhivasa Bhaye Tha  Jaga Mei Bhramatha Phirayau Mathiheen | Sur Syamasundhara Jo Sevai  Kyau Hovai Gathi Dheen ||