Friday 29 April 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika -The practice of worship and meditation to get rid of sufferings of worldly existence and repeated births

 


Chapter – 63 -  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – The practice of worship and meditation to get rid of sufferings of worldly existence and repeated births

 

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, your unconquerable Maya/illusion is the sinner, it is burning me alive. It drives me insane to leave the service of Lord Sri Vaikundanatha/Sri Hari, Lakshmipathi, and run after the fleeting natured possession, wealth, money, richness, fame, children, wife, companion, relatives, etc. Your Maya forcing me to worship the ill-fated, inauspicious people, thereby accumulated my Thapathraya/three kinds of grief. Oh! Prabho, your Maya compels me to take alms from the wicked and arrogant people swollen with pride, ego, jealousy, anger, lust, and desire, it forces me to listen to inauspicious comments from them. Oh! Prabho, I have not practiced worship or meditation at the lotus feet of Lord Sri Hari, or sing in praise of his glories, or I did not observe charity, vows, non-violence, celibacy, self-control, truthfulness, Shama, Dhama, Astheya, Arajjavam, Swadhyaya, etc. or I did not get rid of impurities of mind Kama, Krodha, Lobha, Moha, Madha, Mathshcharya, Ahamkara, and Mamakara, I have been chasing after the worldly matters of fleeting nature, and constantly pushed myself into grief and agonies, I did not utilize my life for the worship of Lord Shyamasundhar, hence it's futile to speak about my sufferings. Oh! Prabho, it is impossible to conduct austerities, Shamadhamadhis/practice of vows, celibacy, non-violence, truthfulness, devotion, and meditation, etc. or achieve knowledge of self/Paramarththa Thaththva/Bhramajyanam without your grace. Oh! Prabho, you are the source of eternal bliss, hence the Jeeva surrendered at your lotus feet would remain freed from Thapathraya, and the cycles of repeated births.”

Yaha Asa Papini Dhahai | Thaji Seva  Baikundanatha Ki Neecha  Narani Kai Sanga Rahai || Jin Kau Mukha Dhekhath Dhukha Upajath Thin Kau Raja Raya Kahai | Dhana Madha Moodani Abhimanini Mili Lobha Liye Dhurbachana Sahai || Bhayi Na Kripa Shyamasundhar Ki Ab Kaha Swaratha Phiratha Bahai? Surdasa SabSukha Dhatha Prabhu Guna Bichari Nahi Charana Gahai ||