Thursday 28 April 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika -The practice of devotion to protect the soul from three kinds of grief

 



Chapter – 62 -  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – The practice of devotion to protect the soul from three kinds of grief

 

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Hari, how many days, and Yugas I have spent without the practice of devotion and worship at your lotus feet, I have wasted my entire life span getting attached to infinite worldly matters and thereby constantly hurling myself into three kinds of grief. Oh! Prabho, I do not know how many births I have wasted taking pleasure in insulting others, back-stabbing, criticizing, cheating, hurting others by words, mind, and deeds. Oh! Prabho, I do not know how many births I have cheated people camouflaging as a saintly person. Oh! Prabho, I do not know how many births I have wasted in the association of Vishayijeevi/people who are drenched in worldly matters of possession, wealth, money, richness, fame, children, wife, relatives, companion, etc. ‘Time’ is the most powerful element, even Lord Bhrama, the creator of Universe and its living and non-living things are bound by the ‘Time’, the whole Universe is under the clutches of ‘Time’. Oh! Prabho, what will happen to a person like me who does not follow any of the righteous deeds? I can envision the dreadful state of a person who is dull-minded, ignorant, arrogant, and wicked like me, who take immense pleasure in material matters. Oh! Mortals, whoever chase after material matters and physical pleasure cannot achieve the fruitfulness of life on the Earth as well as the afterlife, hence practice the worship of Lord Sri Hari, meditation, and contemplation at the lotus feet of Supreme Lord Sri Hari is the ultimate asylum, that would protect the souls from the sufferings and grief of worldly matters, eventually from the repeated births as well.”


Kithe Dhin  Hari Sumirana Binu Khoye | Paranindha Rasana Ke Rasa Kari Kethika Janama Bigoye || Thel Lagayi Kiyau Ruchimardhana Basthar Mali Mali Ghoye | Thilaka Banayi Chale Swami Hayau Bishathini Ke Mukh Joye || Kala Bali Thai Sab Jag  Kampyau Bhramadhika Hu Roye | Sur Adhama Ki Kahau Kaun Gathi Udhara Bhare Pari Soye ||