Tuesday 24 January 2017

Sri Shanaishchara Kavacham by Rishi Kashyapa – Lyrics and Meaning

|| Jai Sriman Narayana ||





The sacred armor of Lord Shanishchara was composed by Rishi Kashyapa, it has Anushtup as Chandhas,  presiding deity is Shaishchara, it has  Sam as Beejam,  Nam as Shakthi, Mam as Keelakam, it is recited to get rid of all kinds of miseries and sorrows caused by the planet Saturn.

Rishi Nyasa -

I shall offer humble salutation to Lord Shanaishchara with the thumb, I shall offer humble salutation to Lord Mandhagatha/who has slow gait, with the forefinger,  I shall offer humble salutation to  Lord Adhokshaja  with the middle finger, I shall offer humble salutation to Lord Shauri with the ring finger,  I shall offer humble salutation to Shushkodhara who has shrunken stomach with the little finger and  I shall offer humble salutation to Cchayathmaja/son of Goddess Cchaya with  the palm and back portion of the palm as well.

Anga Nyasa –

I shall prostrate before supreme Lord Shanaishchara and assume his eternal presence in my heart, I shall prostrate before supreme Lord Shanaishcara and assume his eternal presence on my head, I shall prostrate before supreme Lord Shanaishchara and assume his eternal presence on my tuft, I shall prostrate before supreme Lord Shanaishchara who is the son of Lord Surya and assume his eternal presence as protective armor,  I shall prostrate before supreme Lord Shanaishchara who has shrunken stomach/Shushkodhara and assume his eternal presence on eyes, I shall prostrate before Lord Shanaishchara who is the son of Devi Ccchaya and offer humble salutation to the powerful arrows, I shall assume the eternal presence of Lord Shanaishchara and offer salutations to all directions.



I shall meditate upon supreme Lord Shanaishchara who is superior among the planets, attired in marvelous blue garments, he has two powerful arms, and he is mounted on celestial vehicle vulture, to protect us from all kinds’ miseries and sufferings.  Let my head remains protected by Lord Shanaishchara, let my face remain protected by the Bhaktharthi Bhanjana who eradicates all the sufferings of passionate devotees, let my ears remain protected by Lord who is attired in marvelous blue garments, let my eyes remain protect by Lord who has fierce look, let my nose remain protected by the Lord who has attractive blue limbs, let my throat remain protected by Shithikanda/blue lustrous neck, let my arms remains protected by  Subhuja/who has powerful and auspicious arms, let my hands remain protected by the Lord who has the luster of blue lotus flower, let my heart remain protected by Lord who has  lustrous blue complexion, let my stomach remain protected by Shushkodhara/who has shrunken stomach, let my throat remain protected by Vikata/unusually handsome/gruesome, let my thighs remain protected by Lord who has dreadful looks, let my knees remain protected by Lord who has tall stature, let my calve remain protected by Lord who is the provider of auspiciousness, let my ankle remain protected by Lord who is extremely virtuous, let my feet remain protected by Lord who has uneven legs, let all my body parts remain protected by the son of Lord Surya, above verses are highly propitious armor recited for getting relief from all kinds of miseries, whoever reads or listens to the above verses with utmost faith and devotion would get all their desired fulfilled,  offering charity of Til/sesame seeds, or worship of Yanthra with the black colored rice and flower, reciting the sacred hymns, and offering blue/black colored garments, will please Lord Shanaishchara, eventually all the perils and miseries will get disappeared, worshiper would be blessed with prosperity and happiness, virtuous children and grandchildren, long life and good health, and success in all endeavors.



||Asya Sri Shanaishchara Kavacha Sthothra Mahamanthrasya|  Kashyapa Rishi | Anushtup Chandha: | Shanaishcharo Devatha | Sam Beejam | Nam Shakthi: | Mam Keelakam | Shanaishchara Kritha Peeda Parihararthe  Jape Viniyoga: ||

Shanaishcharaya Angushtabhyam Nama: | Mandhagathayai Tharjaneebhyam Nama: | Adhokshajaya Madhyamabhyam Nama: | Shauraye  Anamikabhyam Nama: | Shushkodharaya Kanishtikabhyam Nama: | Chayathmajaya Karathakara Prushtabhyam Nama: ||

Shanaishcharaya Hridhayaya Nama: | Mandhagathayai Shirase Swaha: | Adhokshajayai  Shikhayai Vashat | Shauraye Kavachaya Hum | Shushkodharaya Nethrathrayaya Vausht | Chayathmajaya Asthraya Phat | Bhur Bhuvasvarom Ithi  Digbandha: ||

Dhyanam –

Krishnambaradharam  Devam Dhvibhujam Grudhra Samsthitham | Sarvapeeda  Haram Dhyayeth  Graham Ganoththamam ||

Shanishchara Shiro  Raksheth  Mukham Bhaktharthi Bhanjjana | Karnno Krishnambaro Raksheth  Nethra Sarvabhayakara ||

Krishnango Nasikam Raksheth  Kandam  May Sthithi Kandaka | Bhujau May Subhuja Pathu Hasthau Neelothpala Prabha||

Pathu May Hridhayam Krishna  Kukshim Shushkodharasthadha | Kandam  May Vikata Pathu Shakthini Ghoraroopavan ||

Jahununi Pathu Dheergo  May Janghe  Maya Mangalapradha | Gulphau Gunakara  Pathu  Padhau  May  Pangupadhaka ||

Sarveypyapi Mama Angani Pathu Bhaskara Nandhana | Ya Idham  Kavacham Dhivyam  Sarvapeedaharam Nrunam ||

Padathi Shraddhaya  Yuktha  Sarvan Kaman Avapnuyath | Thila Dhanayashcha Samsthapya Yanthram Loha Vinirmitham ||

Krishna  Gandakshatai Pushpai Archayen  Moola Manthratha | Krishna  Vasthrayudham Dhadhasyath  Srothriyaya Kudumbine ||

Preetha Shanaishcharasthasya Sarvabadham  Vyapohathi | Dhadhyath  Sarva Samriddhim  Cha  Puthra Pauthradhi Santhathim | Ayushyam Dheergam  Arogyam  Sarvathravijayam  Dhisheth ||


|| Jai Sriman Narayana ||