Saturday 6 October 2018

Sri Batukabhairava Bhrama Kavacham – Sri Rudrayamala Thanthram - Lyrics and meanings



|| Jai Sriman Narayana ||










Sri Devi speaks “ Oh! Bhagavan, Oh! Sarvaveththa who symbolizes auspiciousness and wealth, you are most promising and pleasing to deities, kindly narrate the sacred armor of Lord Bhairava, willing to sacrifice my life to listen to the glorious armor of Bhairava.” Lord  Maheshvara who is Lord of Lords laughed at the words of Devi and began to speak.


Eshvara speaks “ Oh! Pranavallabhe/dearest darling, listen carefully to the splendor of the sacred armor of Batuka, which was already mentioned in the Sri Chandika Thanthram, it begins with the sacred hymns which symbolizes Vasudeva,  he has the luster of conch, he is absolute Bhramam, he is Batuka Chandhrashekhara, he is divine personified as Bhairava who protects from  extreme perils, he is the provider of Chathurvargaphala/Dharma, Arththa, Kama, and Moksha, he symbolizes Pranava, he fulfills all the desires of the worshiper, he provides supreme intellect, virtuous offspring and spiritual powers, worship of Batuka Bhairava removes severest perils and dangers, sacred armor of Batuka is capable to protect worshiper from all the perils, it was narrated with intense desire by Lord Mahesha. Oh! Jagadheeshvari, sacred syllables of Batukabhairava Dhvavimshathi Akshara Manthra is as follows || Om Hreem Batukaya  Apadhudhdharanaya Kuru Kuru Batukaya Hreem||”


Eshvara continues “Sri Batuka Bhairava Bhramakavacha Sthothra is highly propitious hymn composed by Bhairava Rishi, it has Anushtup as Chandhass, Sri Batukabhairava is presiding deity, and it is recited to please Lord Batukabhairava. I shall pronounce the sacred syllable ‘Om’ to protect my head, I shall pronounce the sacred syllable ‘Hreem’ to protect my throat areas, I shall pray to Lord Batuka who eradicates all kinds of perils to protect  my navel, I shall pray to Batuka to protect my lips, I shall pronounce the sacred syllable ‘Hreem Beejam’ to protect outer part of the body and  neck, I shall earnestly pray to Shadangasahitha Bhairava who represents six limbs of Vedanga, to protect me always, I shall pronounce the sacred syllables ‘ Om Hreem Batuka’ to protect my all limbs, I shall pronounce the sacred syllables ‘ Om Hreem Mahakala’ to protect my feet, I shall pray to Veerasana to protect my heart, I shall pronounce the sacred syllables ‘ Om Hreem Mahakala’ to protect my head , I shall earnestly pray to Bhairava to protect my neck areas, I shall earnestly pray to Ganarat who is the commander of Ganas to protect my tongue, I shall pronounce the sacred syllables ‘ Om Hreem Dhandapani along with Goddess Bhairavi’ to protect my productive organs, I shall pronounce the sacred syllables ‘Om Hreem Vishvanatha’ to protect my all limbs at all times, I shall pronounce the sacred syllables ‘ Om Hreem Annapoornna along with Goddess Chandika’ to protect me always, I shall pray to Asithanga Bhairava to protect my head, I shall pray to Rurubhairva to protect my forehead, I shall pronounce the sacred syllables ‘ Om Hreem Chandabhairava’ to protect my face,  I shall pray to Krodhabhairava to protect my throat, I shall earnestly pray to Unmaththabhairava to protect my heart always, I shall pronounce the sacred syllables ‘ Om Hreem Kapali’ to protect my navel, I shall pray to Bheeshana Bhairava to protect my reproductive organ, I shall earnestly pray to  Samharabhairava to protect my Mooladhara, I shall pronounce the sacred syllable “ Om Hreem Bhairava’ to protect my arms, I shall pray to Hamsabeeja to protect my feet, I shall pronounce the sacred syllables ‘ Om  Hreem Pranapanau, Samanam, Udhanam, Vyanam’ to protect my Dhvaramoolam and  protect me from ten directions, I shall pronounce the sacred syllable ‘Om Hreem Pranavam’ to protect my all limbs, and Lajjabeejam by Mahabhaya, these are the glorious verses praising the sacred armor of  Bhairavasya Bhrama Kavacham, it  was composed by Lord Mahadeva and it is capable to provide Chathurvargaphalam to worshiper whoever reads or listens or adorn the armor with intense devotion and faith, worshiper would attain supreme bliss and ultimately Paramapadham,  Oh! Devi, listen to me carefully, it is capable to eradicate sins of  thousands and millions of births instantly, it protects from the middle of ocean, wild fire, it removes evil effects of planets, and threat from enemies, remembrance of the sacred armor of Batuka will provide success in all endeavors, he should be worshiped, recited with intense devotion and faith, it protects from lustful and wanton woman, enemies, deceitful, rogue etc… worshiper would attain admiration, abundance of wealth with the grace of Lord Kubera, supreme wisdom, eminence in sacred hymns, ultimately shelter at the lotus feet of Batukabhairava, Oh! Nara, it is highly confidential hymn which provides highest of the piousness known as liberation from repeated births, worshiper would be relieved from severe illnesses, afflictions, sufferings of poverty, and enemies, worshiper would achieve fame and tremendous appreciation from his children, disciple and wife, whoever worship Lord Batuka with intense devotion and faith would be blessed with Ayur/longevity, Vidhya/wisdom, Yashass/fame, Dharma/righteousness, Balam/strength and courage etc…”


Sri Devyuvacha –

Bhagavan Sarvaveththa Thvam  Devanam Preethidhayakam | Bhairavam Kavacham  Bhroohi Yadhichasthi Kripamayi ||

Pranathyagam  Karishyami Yadhi No  Kathayishyasi | Sathyam Sathyam  PUna : Sathyam  Sathyameva Na Samshaya  : ||

Iththam  Devya Vacha :  Shruthva  Prahasyathishayam Prabhu: | Uvacha  Vachanam  Thathra  Devadevo Maheshvara: ||

Eshvara Uvacha –

Batukam Kavacham Dhivyam Shrunu Math Pranavallabhe |Chandika Sarvathanthrasvam Batukasya Visheshatha: ||

Thathra Manthradhyaksharam  Thu  Vasudevaswaroopakam | Shankha Varnnadhvayo Bhrama Batukachandhrashekhara: ||

Apadhudhdharano Devo Bhairava: Parikeerthitha: | Pravakshyami Samasena  Chathurvarga Prasidhdhaye ||

Pranava: Kamadham Vidhya  Lajjabeejam Cha Siddhidham | Batukayethi Vijjeyam  Mahapathakanashanam ||

Apadhudhdharanayethi Thvapadhudhdharanam Nrinam | Kurudhvayam Maheshani Mohena  Parikeerthitham ||

Batukaya Maheshani Sthambhena Parikeerthitham | Lajjabeejam Thadha Vidhyanmukthidham Parikeerthitham ||


|| Om Hreem  Batukaya  Apathdhudhdharanaya Kuru Kuru  Batukaya Hreem ||


|| Om Asya Sri  Batuka Bhairava Bhramakavachasya  Bhairava Rishi: | Anushtup Chandha: | Sri Batukabhairavo Devatha | Mama Sri Batuka  Bhairava Prasadhasiddhyarththe Jape Viniyoga: ||


Om Pathu Nithyam Shirasi Pathu Hreem Kandadheshake || Batukaya Pathu Nabhau  Apadhudhdharanaya Cha || Kurudhvayam LIngamoole  Thvadhare  Vatukaya Cha || Sarvadha Pathu Hreem Beejam  Bahvoryugalameva Cha || Shadangasahitho Devo  Nithyam Rakshathu Bhairava: ||Om Hreem Batukaya  Sathatham Sarvangam Mama Sarvadha || Om Hreem Padhau Mahakala: Pathu Veerasano Hridhi || Om Hreem Kala: Shira: Pathu Kandadheshe Thu Bhairava: | Ganarat Pathu  Jihvayamashabhi: Shakthibhi: Saha || OM  Hreem Dhandapanir Guhyamoole Bhairavisahithasthadha || Om Hreem Vishvanatha: Sadha Pathu  Sarvangam  Mama Sarvadha: || Om Hreem Annapoornna Sadha Pathu Chamsau Rakshathu Chandika | Asithanga: Shira: Pathu Lalatam  Rurubhairava : || OM Hreem Chandabhairava: Pathu Vakthram Kandam  Sri Krodhabhairava : | Unmaththabhairava: Pathu Hridhayam  Mama Sarvadha ||OM Hreem Nabhidheshe  Kapali Cha  LInge  Bheeshanabhairava: | Samharabhairava: Pathu  Mooladharam  Cha Sarvadha || Om Hreem Bahuyugmam Sadha Pathu Bhairavo Mama Kevalam | Hamsabeejam Pathu Hridhi Soaham Rakshathu Padhayo: ||Om Hreem Pranapanau Samanam Cha  Udhanam Vyanameva Cha | Rakshathu Dhvaramoole  Cha Dhashadhikshu Samanthatha: || Om Hreem Pranavam Pathu Sarvangam  Lajjabeejam  Mahabhaye |  Ithi Sri Bhramakavacham Bhairavasya Prakeerthitha: ||


Chathurvargapradham Nithyam Swayam  Devaprakashitham | Ya : Padeth Shrunuyan Nithyam  Dharayeth Kavacham Uththamam ||

Sadhanandhamayo Bhoothva  Labathe Paramam Padham | Ya: Idham Kavacham  Devi  Chinthayen  Mukhodhitham ||

Kotijanmarjjitham Papam Thasya Nashyathi  Thathkshanath | Jalamadhye  Agnimadhye  Va Dhurgrihe  Shathursangade ||

Kavacham Smaranath Devi Sarvathravijayibhaveth | Bhakthiyukthena  Manasa Kavacham  Poojayedhyadhi ||

Kamathulyasthunareenam Ripoonam  Cha Yamopama: | Thasya  Padhambhujadhvayam Rajjam Mukutabhooshanam ||

Thasya Bhoothim Vilokhyaiva  Kuberoapi Thiraskritha: | Yasya  Vijjyanamathrena  Manthrasiddhir Na Samshaya: ||

Idham Kavachamajjyathva  Yo Japeth Batukam Nara: | Na Chapnothi Phalam Thasya  Param  Narakamapnuyath ||

Manvantharathrayam Sthithva  Thiryagyonishu Jayathe | Iha Loke  Maharogi  Dharidhryenathipeeditha: ||

Shathroonam  Vashago  Bhoothva  Karapathri  Bhavethjada: | Dheyam Puthraya Shishyaya Shanthaya Priyavadhine ||

Karparnya Rahithayalam  Batukabhakthirathaya Cha | Yo Aparage Pradhatha  Vai Thasya  Syadhathi Sathvaram ||

Ayur Vidhya  Yasho Dharmam Balam Chaiva Na Samshaya: | Ithi They Kathitham  Devi Gopaneeyam Swayonivath ||

|| Ithi Sri Rudrayamalayoktham Sri Batukabhairava Bhramakavacham Sampooornnam ||




|| Jai Sriman Narayana ||