Thursday 26 October 2017

Sri Adithyahridhaya Sthothram – Sri Padmapuranam – Lyrics and meanings




|| Jai Sriman Narayana ||











The following are the twelve sacred names/Dhvadhashanama of Lord Adithya, firstly Adithya, secondly Dhivakara, thirdly Bhaskara, fourthly Prabhakara, fifthly Sahasramshu, sixthly Thrilochana, seventhly Haridhvasha, eighthly Aharpathi, ninthly Dhinakara, tenthly Dhvadhashathmaka, elventhly Thrimoorthi, and twelfthly Soorya.


|| Phalashruthi: ||

Whoever recites or listens to the above twelve sacred names of Lord Adithya during the early hours of dawn, would be relieved from nightmares and all kinds of miseries and sorrows, worshiper would be relieved from severe skin diseases and kind of leprosy, it eradicates the sufferings of poverty, and it provides  abundance of pieties of holy dip in sacred ponds and it will fulfil all the desires of the worshiper, whoever reads or listens to the above sacred names of Lord Adithya would attain happiness and good health, ultimately liberation from repeated births.


|| Sooryasya Dhvadhashanama Namaskaram ||

I shall prostrate before Lord Adithya, I shall prostrate before Lord Dhivakara, I shall prostrate before Lord Bhaskara, I shall prostrate before Lord Prabhakara, I shall prostrate before  Lord Sahasramshu, I shall prostrate before Lord Thrilochana who have three eyes, I shall prostrate before Lord  Haridhvasha , I shall prostrate before Lord  Vibhavasa,I shall prostrate before Lord Dhinakara, I shall prostrate before Lord  Dhvadhashathmaka, I shall protrate before Lord  Thrimoorthi who is the essence of trinities, I shall prostrate before Lord Surya who is the life source of Universe and its living beings.


|| Viniyoga: ||

Adithyahrithya Sthothra is highly propitious hymn has Lord Srikrishna as Rishi, Anushtup as Chandhas, presiding deity is Sooryanarayana, it has Harithahayaratham/chariot pulled by seven green horses Dhivakaram and Ghrinirithi as Beejam,  I shall prostrate before the divine personified from the sacred Veda as Jithavaishvanara as Shakthi, Amshuman as Keelakam, Agni Karma as hymns , it is recited to get rid of all kinds of illnesses and to please Lord Sri Sooryanaraya.


|| Sthavam ||

I shall meditate upon Arkka  and offer salutation with my head, I shall meditate upon Ravi and offer salutation with my forehead, I shall meditate upon Lord Surya and offer salutation with my hands, I shall meditate upon Lord Dhivakara and offer salutation with my ears, I shall meditate upon Lord Bhanu and offer salutation with my nose, I shall meditate upon Lord Bhaskara and offer salutation with my face, I shall meditate upon Lord Parjjanya and offer salutation with my lips, I shall meditate upon Theekshna and offer salutation with my tongue, I shall meditate upon Suvarnnarethas and offer salutation with my throat, I shall meditate upon Thigmathejas and offer salutation with my back of shoulder, I shall meditate upon Pooshana and offer salutation with my arms, I shall meditate upon Mithra and offer salutation with my back portion, I shall meditate upon Varuna and offer salutation with my right hand, I shall meditate upon Thvashtara and offer salutation with my left hand, I shall meditate upon Ushnakara and offer salutation with my hands, I shall meditate upon Bhanuman and offer salutation with my heart, I shall meditate upon Mahatheja and offer salutation with my chest, I shall meditate upon Adithya and offer salutation with my stomach, I shall meditate upon Arghamana and offer salutation with my back portion, I shall meditate upon Vidhyadhadhithya and offer salutation with my navel, I shall meditate upon Amsam and offer salutation with my waist line, I shall meditate upon Rudra and offer salutation with my thigh, I shall meditate upon Gopathi and offer salutation with my knee joints, I shall meditate upon Savitha and offer salutation with my calves, I shall meditate upon Vivasvan and offer salutation with my feet, I shall meditate upon Prabhakara and offer salutation with my  ankle, I shall meditate upon  Sahasramshu and offer salutation with all parts of the body, I shall meditate upon Bhaga and offer salutation to all the directions, I shall meditate upon Thamoghnamsa  who eradicates darkness of ignorance  and Bhaga and offer salutation to outer and inner areas repectively, Adithyavinyasa/worship of Lord Adithya with these particular gestures are difficult to attain even for the deities.


|| Nyasam ||

I shall prostrate before Arkka and offer humble salutation with my head, I shall prostrate before Ravi and offer humble salutation with my forehead, I shall prostrate before Soorya and offer humble salutation with my hands, I shall prostrate before Dhivakara and offer humble salutation with my ears, I shall prostrate before  Bhanu and offer humble salutation with my nose, I shall prostrate before Bhaskara and offer humble salutation with my face, I shall prostrate before Parjjanya and offer humble salutation with my lips, I shall prostrate before Theekshna and offer humble salutation with my tongue, I shall prostrate before Suvarnnarethas and offer humble salutation with my throat, I shall prostrate before Thigmathejas and offer humble salutation with my back portion of shoulder, I shall prostrate before Pooshana and offer humble salutation with my arms, I shall prostrate before Mithra and offer humble salutation with my back portion of the body, I shall prostrate before  Varuna and offer humble salutation with my right hand, I shall prostrate before  Thvashtara and offer humble salutation with my left hand, I shall prostrate before Ushnakara and offer humble salutation with my hands, I shall prostrate before Bhanu and offer humble salutation with my heart, I shall prostrate before Mahathejas and offer humble salutation with my chest, I shall prostrate before Adithya and offer humble salutation with my stomach, I shall prostrate before Arghamana and offer humble salutation with my back, I shall prostrate before Vidhyadhadhithya and offer humble salutation with my navel, I shall prostrate before Hamsa and offer humble salutation with my waist lines, I shall prostrate before Rudra and offer humble salutation with my thighs, I shall prostrate before Gopathi andoffer humble salutation with my knees, I shall prostrate before Savithre and offer humble salutation with my calves, I shall prostrate before  Vivasvan and offer humble salutation with my feet, I shall prostrate before Prabhakara and offer humble salutation with my ankle, I shall prostrate before Sahashramshu and offer humble salutation with my all limbs, I shall prostrate before Bhaga and offer humble salutation to all directions,I shall prostrate before  Thamoghnamsa and  Bhaga, and I shall offer humble salutation to inner and outer areas respectively.


|| Dhyanam ||


I shall prostrate before Vishvachakshu/eyes of the Universe who is observant/vigilant, he is the provider of all kinds of bliss and he is worshiped by Hara and Hari, he is decked in gem decorated crown that spreads intense luster, he has pleasing disposition and beautiful hair locks, he illumintes the whole Universe with his own light/basvan, he has supreme effulgence, he carries lotus flowers in hands and he has the complexion of precious yellow metal, he is one of the nine planets that undergoes eclipse,  he is too compassionate to his worshiper, Oh! Vishvachakshu, kindly protect us.


|| Arghyam ||

Oh! Dhivakara, I shall offer homage to supreme Lord Surya who has thousands of brilliant rays, he is Jagathpathi/Lord of the Universe, kindly shower your compassionate grace on your worshiper.

|| Manthram ||
||Om Ghrini: Soorya Adithya ||


|| Soorya Sthuthi: ||


I shall prostrate before Jyothishampathi/science of astronomy Eshathoorya/represents time who has the effulgence of Agni, he represents Agni, I shall prostrate before Jagathchakshur/eyes of the Universe, he is Shannodeva, his intense luster causes to blossom lotus buds , I shall prostrate before Jagathathman who is the soul of Universe who causes to illuminates the whole Universe, he is seated on the lotus flower, he has the luster of lotus flower, he has the effulgence of Padmagarbha/Lord Bhrama, he is mounted on a grand chariot pulled by seven horses, he is Bhaskara who has powerful two arms, he is Ravi as well, all the deities offer salutation before Lord Adithya on daily basis.  I shall prostrate before  Dharmavipaka who ensures prevalence of righteousness, he is Sukrithasakshin who witnesses all righteous deeds, whoever worships Lord Surya would be relieved from the miseries of poverties in several thousands of births, I shall prostrate before Prathyakshadeva Lord Bhaskara, he initiates from the mountain peaks during the hours of dawn, he is Bhaskara who carries lotus flower in his hands, he symbolizes precious gem in the whole of Universe and decked in various gem decorated ornaments, he illuminates the  king of elephant like darkness, he is worshiped by all the deities, he is charming, he symbolizes Universe, Oh! Parameshvara, I have no other shelter place, I shall surrender to your lotus feet, Oh! Lord kindly protects us with all your kindeness.


||Atha Sri  Padmapuranoktha  Nirogakari Adithyahridhaya Prayoga: ||

Adithya: Prathamam Nama Dhvitheeyam Thu Dhivakara: | Thritheeyam Bhaskara: Proktham Chathurtham  Cha Prabhakara: ||

Panchamam Cha Sahasramshu Shashtam Chaiva Thrilochana: | Sapthamam  Haridhvasham Cha Ashtamam Thu  Aharpathi: ||

Navamam Dhinakara: Proktham Dhashamam Dhvadhashathmaka: | Yekadhasham Thrimoorthishcha  Dhvadhasham Soorya Yeva Thu ||

|| Phalashruthi ||

Dhvadhashadhithya Namani Pratha: Kale Paden Nara: | Dhu: Swapno Nashyathe  Thasya  Sarvadhukham Cha Nashyathi ||

Dhadhrukushtaharam Chaiva Dharidhryam Harathe Dhruvam | Sarvatheerthakaram Chaiva Sarvakamaphalapradham ||

Ya Padeth Pratharuththaya  Bhakthya Sthothram Idham Nara: | Saukhyam Ayu:  Thadha Arogyam Labathe Mokshameva Cha : ||

|| Soorasya Dhvadhashanama Namaskaram ||

|| Om Adithyaya Nama: | Om Dhivakaraya Nama: | Om Bhaskaraya Nama: | Om Prabhakaraya Nama: | Om Sahashramshave Nama: | Om Thrilochanaya Nama: | Om Haridhvashaya Nama: | Om Vibhavase Nama: | Om Dhinakaraya Nama: | Om Dhvadhashathmakaya Nama: | Om Thrimoorthaye  Nama: | Om Sooryaya Nama: ||

|| Viniyoga: ||
 || Om Asya  Sri Adhithyahridhaya Sthothra Mahamanthrasya  | Sri Krishna Rishi: | Anushtup Chandha: | Sri Sooryanarayano Devatha | Harithahayaratham Dhivakaram Ghrinirithi Beejam | Namo Bhagavathe  Jithavaishvanara Jathavedhase Nama:  Ithi Shakthi: | Amshumanithi Keelakam | Agnikarma Ithi Manthra: | Mama Sarvaroga Nivaranaya  Sri Sooryanarayana Preethyarthe Jape Viniyoga: ||

|| Sthava: ||
 Arkkam Thu Moordhni Vinyasya Lalate  Thu Ravim Nyaseth | Vinyaseth Karayo: Sooryam Karnnayoshcha  Dhivakaram ||

Nasikayam Nyaseth Bhanum Mukhe Vai  Bhaskaram Nyaseth | Parjjanyam Oushtayoshchaiva Theekshnam Jihavanthare Nyaseth ||

Suvarnnarethasam Kande Skandhayos Thigmathejasam | Bahosthu Pooshanam Chaiva Mithram Vai Prishtatho Nyaseth ||

Varunam Dhakshine  Hasthe  Thvashtaram Vamatha: Kare | Hasthavushnakara: Pathu Hridhayam Pathu Bhanuman ||

Sthanabaram Mahatheja  Adhithyamudhare  Nyaseth | Prishte  Thvarghamanam Vidhyath Adithyam Nabhimandale ||

Kadyam Thu Vinyasedhamsam Rudhramoorvo Vinyaseth | Janhosthu Gopathim Nyasya  Savitharam Thu Janghayo: ||

Padhayosthu Vivasvantham Gulphayoshcha  Prabhakaram | Sarvangeshu Sahasramshu Dhigvidhikshu Bhagam Nyaseth||

Bahyathasthu Thamoghnamsam Bhagamabhyanthare  Nyaseth |Yesha Adithya Vinyaso Devanam Api Dhurllabham ||

|| Nyasam ||

Moodhni Arkkaya Nama: | Lalate Ravaye Nama: | Karayo: Sooryaya Nama: | Karnnayo: Dhivakaraya Nama: | Nasikayam Bhanave Nama: | Mukhe Bhaskaraya Nama: | Oshtayo: Parjjanyaya Nama: | Jihvayam Theekshnaya Nama: | Kande Suvarnnarethase Nama: | Skandhayo: Thigmathejase Nama: | Bahvo: Pooshanaya Nama: | Prishte Mithraya Nama: | Dhakshahasthe  Varunaya Nama: | Vamahasthe  Thvashtaram Nama: |Hasthau Ushnakaraya Nama: | Hridhaye Bhanumathe Nama: | Sthanayo: Mahathejase Nama: | Udhare Adithyaya Nama: | Prishte  Arghamanaya Nama: | Nabhau Vidhyadhithyaya Nama: | Kadyam Hamsaya Nama: | Oorvo: Rudraya Nama: | Janho: Gopathey Nama: | Janghayo: Savithre Nama: | Padhayo: Vivasvathe Nama: | Gulphayo: Prabhakaraya Nama: | Sarvange  Sahasramshave Nama: | Dhvidhikshu Bhagaya Nama: | Bahye  Thamoghnamsaya Nama: | Abhyanthare Bhagaya Nama: ||

|| Dhyanam ||

Bhasvath Rathnadyamauli: Spurathdhararucha Ranjjitha Charukesho | Bhasvan Yo Dhivyatheja: Karakamalayutha: Svarnnavarnna:  Prabhabhi: | Vishvakashavakasho Grahagrahana Sahitho Bhathiyashcho Dhayadhrau | Sarvanandhapradhatha  Hariharanamitha: Pathu Mam Vishvachakshu: ||

|| Arghyam ||
 Yehi Soorya  Sahasramsho Thejorashi: Jagathpathe | Anukampaya  Mam Bhakthya  Grihanarghyam Dhivakara ||

|| Manthram ||
|| Om Ghrini: Soorya Adithya ||

|| Sooryasthuthi: ||

Agnimeele  Namasthubhyam Eshathoorya Swaroopine | Agnyayahi Veethaye Thvam Namasthe  Jyothisham Pathe ||

Shanno Devo Namasthubhyam Jagathchakshur  Namosthuthe | Dhavalamboruhanam Dakineem Shyamalaprabham ||

Vishvadheepa  Namasthubhyam Namasthe  Jagathathmane | Padmasana: Padmakara: Padmagarbha Samadhyuthi: ||

Sapthashvaratha Samyuktho Dhvibhujo Bhaskaro Ravi: | Adithyasya  Namaskaram Ye  Kurvanththi Dhine Dhine ||

Janmanthara Sahasreshu Dharidhryam Nopajayathe | Namo Dharmavipakaya  Nama: Sukritha Sakshine ||

Nama:  Prathyakshadevaya  Bhaskaraya Namo Nama: | Udhayagirim Upetham Bhaskaram Padmahastham |Sakalabhuvanarathnam Rathna Rathnabhidheyam ||

Thimira Karimrigendhram Bodhakam Padmineenam| Suravaram Abhivandhe  Sundharam Vishvaroopam ||

Anyatha Sharanamnasthi Thvameva Sharanam Mama | Thasmath Karunya Bhavena Raksha Raksha Parameshvara ||

|| Ithi Sri Padmapurane  Sri Krishnarjjuna Samvadhe  Adithyahridhaya Sthothram Sampoornnam ||





|| Jai Sriman Narayana ||