Saturday 14 October 2017

Sri Madhusoodhana Sthothram by Sri Shukadeva – Lyrics and meanings





|| Jai Sriman Narayana ||











I shall earnestly pray to supreme Lord Madhusoodhana, remeberance of his glorious names would eradicate all kinds of illnesses; Oh! Madhusoodhana, I shall surrender at your lotus feet, kindly protect us, I have no shelter place hence I shall surrender at your lotus feet, I am completely drenched in sins, Oh! Madhusoodhana kindly protect us.   Oh! Madhsoodhana I have entirely soaked in illusions of worldy existence such as offspring, wife, and home, ultimately tormented by excessive desire and passion,  Oh! Madhusoodhana kindly protect us. Oh! Prabho, I have no devotion, I am totally distressed, I am completely soaked in miseries and sorrows, I have no shelter place, I am helpless, Oh! Madhusoodhana kindly protect us. I am completely exhausted wandering through the endless journey of wordly existence, I am helpless to move forward, Oh! Madhusoodhana kindly protect us. I have seen endless miseries, grief and troubles, kindly take apart from all those miseries and sorrows of Garbhavasa/periods of stay in mother’s womb and rebirth, Oh! Madhusoodhana kindly protect us. Oh! Madhusoodhana , I shall  meditate upon your lotus feet, kindly protect us from miseries and sorrows.  Oh! Madhusoodhana, I am completely stained with the sins committed by words and action, Oh! Madhusoodhana, I am soaked in sins, kindly protect us. Oh! Madhusoodhana, I have not done any meritorious deeds, but I have committed several sinful deeds, I have completely drenched in the evilness of worldly existence, Oh! Madhusoodhana, kindly protect us.  Oh! Madhusoodhana, I am worn out of taking numerous births as animal and human, Oh! Madhusoodhana, kindly protect us.  I am prattling like an insane person out of passion, I am completely troubled by the fear of Jara/aging and Maranam/death,  Oh! Madhusoodhana, kindly protect us.  Oh! Madhusoodhana I have been gone through endless miseries and sorrows of repeated births, Oh! Madhusoodhana kindly bless us with perpetual devotion at your lotus feet.  Whoever remembers the glorious Dhvadhashakara would be relieved from repeated births, Vasudeva says Dhvadhashakshara is all pervading in the celestial, Pathala/regions under the Earth and above the Earth, it  encompasses the whole of Universe, therefore  there is no superior hymn other than Dhvadhashakshara in the three worlds, Dhvadhashakshara Mahamanthra is highly propitious, it fulfils all the desires of the worshiper, it was narrated by Sri Shukadeva while in the Garbhavasa, whoever reads or listens to these glorious Dhvadhashakshara in the sanctum of Hari and follows fasting,  would attain the abode of Yogeshvara Lord Hari.


Om Ithi  Gnanamathrena  Rogajeernnena  Nirjitha | Kalanidhram  Prapannosmi Thrahi Mam  Madhusoodhana ||

Na Gathir Vidhyathe  Cha Anya Thvameva  Sharanam Mama | Papa Pange  Nimagnosmi Thrahi Mam  Madhusoodhana ||

Mohitho Mohajalena  Puthradhara Grihadhishu | Thrishnaya  Peedyamanosmi Thrahi Mam Madhusoodhana ||

Bhakthiheenam Cha Dheenam  Cha  Dhukha Shokathuram Prabho | Anashrayam Anatham  Cha Thrahi Mam Madhusoodhana ||

Gathagathena  Shranthosmi Dheegha  Samsaravarthmasu | Yena Bhooyo Na Gacchami Thrahi Mam Madhusoodhana ||

Bahavo Hi Maya Dhrishta: Kleshashchaiva Prithak Prithak | Garbhavase  Mahathdhukham Thrahi Mam Madhusoodhana ||

Thena Deva  Prapannosmi Thranarththam Thavath Parayana: | Dhukharnnava  Parithranath  Thrahi Mam Madhusoodhana ||

Vacha Yaccha  Prathijjatham Karmana  Nopapadhitham | Thath  Paparjjithamagnosmi Thrahi Mam Madhusoodhana ||

Sukritham Na Kritham Kinchith Dhushkritham Cha Kritham Maya | Samsaraghore Magnosmi Thrahi Mam Madhusoodhana ||

Dhehanthara Sahasthreshu Chanyonyabhramitho Maya | Thiryakthvam Manushathvam Cha Thrahi Mam Madhusoodhana ||

Vachayami Yadhonmaththa: Pralapami Thavagratha: | Jara Marana Bheethosmi Thrahi Mam Madhusoodhana ||

Yathra Yathra  Cha Yathosmi Sthreeshu  Va Purusheshu Cha | Thathra  Thathra Achala Bhakthi Thrahi Mam Madhusoodhana ||

Gathva Gathva  Nivarthanthe  Chandhra Sooryodhayo Graha: | Adhyapi Na Nivarthanthe Dhvadhashakshara Chinthaka: ||

Oordhva Pathala Marthyeshu Vyaptham Lokam Jagathrayam | Dhvadhashaksharath Param Na Asthi Vasudevana Bhashitham ||

Dhvadhashaksharam Mahamanthram Sarvakama Phalapradham | Garbhavasa Nivasena  Shukena Paribhashitham ||

Dhvadhashaksharam  Niraharo Ya: Ya: Padeth Harivasare | Sa Gaccheth Vaishnavam Sthanam  Yathra Yogeshvaro Hari: ||


||Ithi Sri Shukadeva Virachitham  Madhusoodhana Sthothram Sampoornnam ||

|| Jai Sriman Narayana ||