Tuesday 24 October 2017

Sri Subramanya Kavacham – Skandha Puranam - Lyrics and meanings




|| Jai Sriman Narayana ||











Sri Subramanya Kavacham/sacred armor of Lord Subramanya was composed by Rishi Agasthya, it has Anushtup as Chandhas, presiding deity is Lord Subramanya,  Sam as Beejam, Svaha as Shakthi, Sa: as keelakam, it is recited to please Lord Subramanya.

|| Karanyasa: ||

I shall prostrate before Lord Subramanya who has golden complexion/Hiranyashareera and  offer humble salutation with my thumb finger, I shall prostrate before Lord Subramanya who is wielded in powerful bow and arrows of sugar cane stem/Ikshu Dhanurdhara and I shall offer humble salutation with my index finger,  I shall prostrate before Lord Subramanya who is initiated from the sacred pond of Sharavana/Sharavanabhavaya and I shall offer humble salutation with my middle finger, I shall prostrate before Lord Subramanya who is mounted on celestial vehicle peacocok/Shikhivahanaya and I shall offer humble salutation with my ring finger, I shall prostrate before Lord Subramanya who is wielded in powerful spear on his hand /Shakthihastha and I shall offer humble salutation with my little finger, I shall prostrate before Lord Subramanya who eradicates all kinds of perils and sorrows of worshiper/Sakaladhurithamochana, and I shall offer humble salutation with my palm and the back of palm, follows Hridhayadhinyasa.


|| Dhyanam ||


 I shall meditate upon Lord Subramanya who is initiated from the sacred pond Sharavana, he is the son of Esha, he is wielded in various weapons, he is decked in magnificent golden earrings, he has six attractive faces, his eyes has the resemblance to  blue lotus flower.


Sage Agasthya speaks “The sacred armor of Skandha is capable to protect from all the perils, it was previously narrated by Pinaki/Lord Shiva to Lord Bhrama, later I have come to know.  Oh! Naradha, carefully listen to these sacred verses which are highly propitious and beloved to all creatures, recitation of these sacred hymns will remove all the sins of the worshiper and fulfils all the desires of the worshiper, it is highly auspicious and it  symbolizes supreme wisdom and knowledge, sacred armor of Skandha is capable to eradicate all kinds of illnesses, troubles from evil spirits  with the rememberance of Lord Subramanya, it should be recited with utmost faith and devotion, it will eradicate the all the sufferings of poverty, worshiper will get all the richness, pleasures and long life with the grace of Lord Skandha.”


“I shall earnestly pray to Lord Kumara who is youthful to protect my tuft/Shikha, I shall earnestly pray to Karthikeya who is the son of Krithika to protect my head/Shirass, I shall earnestly pray to Parvathisutha who is the son of Goddess Parvathi to protect my forehead/Lalata, I shall earnestly pray to Vishaka/skandha born under the constellation  Vishakha to protect my eyebrows/Bhruyugam, I shall earnestly pray to Kraunchabhedhi who crushed the pride of Mount Krauncha to protect my eyes/lochanam, I shall earnestly pray to Shikhivahana who is mounted on celestial vehicle peacock to protect my nose/Nasa, I shall earnestly pray to Shakthidhara who is wielded in powerful weapon spear to protect my ears/Karnnam, I shall earnestly pray to Shadanana who has six faces to protect the root of ears/Karnnamoolam, I shall earnestly pray to Mahasena who have huge army of warriors to protect my cheekbones/Gandayugmam, I shall earnestly pray to Tharakanthaka who is the destroyer of demon Tharakasura to protect my cheeks/Kapolam, I shall earnestly pray to Senani who is mighty warrior to protect my lips/Oushtam, I shall earnestly pray to Shikhivahana who is mounted on celestial vehicle peacock to protect my taste buds/Rasanam, I shall earnestly pray to Kalanidhi who symbolizes all kinds of art forms to protect my palate/Thalu, I shall earnestly pray to  Devashikhamani who represents precious jewel adorn on the head of deities to protect my line of teeth/Dhantha, I shall earnestly pray to Gangeya who is the son of sacred Ganga to protect my chin/chibuka, I shall earenestly pray to Sharothbhava who is initiated from sacred pond to protect my face/Mukham, I shall earnestly pray to Harasutha who is the son of Lord Hara to protect my jaw/hanu, I shall earnestly pray to Karunyavaridhi who symbolizes ocean of mercy to protect my neck/Kandam, I shall earnestly pray to Umasutha who is the son of Goddess Uma to protect my back portion of shoulders/Skandha, I shall earenestly pray to Bahuleya who is powerful as bull to protect my arms/Bhujadhvayam, I shall earnestly pray to Bhavedhbhava who symbolizes prosperity to protect my hands/bahu, I shall earnestly pray to  Mahoraga who symbolizes great serpent to protect my bosom/Sthanam, I shall earnestly pray to Jagathvibhu who is the source of Universe and its living being to protect middle part of the body/Madhye, I shall earenestly pray to Dhvadhashalochana who has twelve eyes to protect my navel/nabhi, I shall earnestly pray to Dhvishadbhuja who has twelve arms to protect my waist lane/Kadim, I shall earnestly pray to Gangasutha who is the son of sacred Ganga to protect my reproductive organ/guhyam,  I shall earenetly pray to Jahnavisutha who is the son of Jahnavi/Ganga to protect my hip/Jaghanam, I shall earnestly pray to Paranthapa who is the destroyer of foes to protect my back portion/Prishtabhagam, I shall earnestly pray to Umaputhra who is the son of Goddess Uma to protect my thighs/ooru, I shall earnestly pray to Jagadhdhara who is the protector of Universe  to protect my knees/Januyugmam, I shall earnestly pray to Jagathpoojya who is venerated by the whole of the Universe to protect my calves/Jangha, I shall earenestly pray to Mahabala who is mighty Lord to protect my ankles/Gulpham, I shall earnestly pray to Paramjyothi who has supreme radiance to protect my feet/Padham, I shall earnestly pray to Kukkudadhvaja who carries majestic flag that has the symbol of Kukkuda/rooster, to protect all my limbs/Sarvangam, I shall earnestly pray to Mahodhara who is powerful to protect from the upper regions of mine/Ooordhvam, I shall earnestly pray to Shankari who is born from Agni to protect from the below regions of mine/Adhastha, I shall earnestly pray to Shathrugna who is the destroyer of enemies to protect from two sides/Parshvam,  I shall earnestly pray to Shashvatha who is eternal to protect me always, I shall earnestly pray to Parmbhrama who is absolute bhramam to protect in the early hours of dawn/Pratha:, I shall earnestly pray to Yuddhakaushala who is extremely skillful in the battlefields to protect me in the hours of afternoons/Madhyahnam, I shall earnestly pray to Guha to protect me in the hours of Aparahnam/finishing hours  of the day, I shall earnestly pray to Dhaithyanthaka who is the destroyer of Dhaithyas to protect in the night hours/Rathri, I shall earnestly pray to Thrikalajja who is the knower of past, present and future to protect during Thrisandhya/confluence of day and night, dawn and noon, noon and dusk, I shall earnestly pray to Arindhama who is victorious to protect in each intervals, I shall earnestly pray to Gadgi who is wielded in powerful Gadgam to protect from outwards, I shall earnestly pray to  Kriththikasutha who is the son of Kriththika to protect me while sitting/leaning, distressed, I shall eaernestly pray to Pramadhadheesha who symbolizes permanent bliss to protect me while travelling, I shall earnestly pray to Pashabhrith who is wielded in powerful Pasha/noose to protect me while residing in various places, I shall earnestly pray to Shoora who is extremely valorous to protect me while sleeping /lying down, I shall earnestly pray to Shoorajith who is conqueror of enemies/triumphant to protect me on the street ways, I shall earnestly pray to Vajradhara who is wielded in weapons made of Vajra to protect me in dense wood, I shall earnestly pray to Vatu who is youthful to protect me always.”


Agasthya continues “ The sacred armor of Lord Subramanya  is capable to provide Dharma/righteousness, Arththa/wealth, Kama/desires and Moksha/liberation from repeated births, it is  superior among the sacred hymns and it was always remained highly confidential among the deities, it eradicates all kinds of illnesses, it removes even the incurable illnesses too, it provides abundance of meritorious rewards, it is divine which could provide all kinds of auspiciousness to worshiper, recitation of these sacred hymns  of Vajrapancharam could provide auspiciousness to worshiper at all times, and the worshiper remains beloved of Lord Subramanya and ultimately attain liberation from repeated births.”


|| Atha Sri Subramanya Kavacham ||

||Asya Sri Subramanya Kavacha Sthothra Mahamanthrasya  | Agasthyo Bhagavan Rishi : | Anushtup Chandha: | Sri Subramanyo Devatha | Sam Beejam | Svaha Shakthi: | Sa: Keelakam | Sri Subramanya Prasadhasiddhyarthe Jape Viniyoga: ||

Om Hiranya Shareeraya Angushtabhyam Nama: | Om Ikshu Dhanurdharaya  Tharjaneebhyam Nama: | Om Sharavanabhavaya  Madhyamabhyam Nama: | Om Shikhivahanaya  Anamikabhyam Nama: |Om Shakthihasthaya  Kanishtikabhyam Nama: | Om Sakaladhurithamochanaya Karathalakara Prishtabhyam Nama: || Yevam Hridhayadhi Nyasa: ||

|| Dhyanam ||
Kanaka Kundala Manditham Shanmukham Vanajarajitha Lochanam | Nishitha  Shasthra Sharasanadharinam Sharavanaothbhavam Eshasutham  Bhaje ||

Lamithyadhibhi: Panchapooja ||

Agasthya Uvacha –
Skandhasya Kavacham Dhivyam Nana Rakshakaram  Param | Pura Pinakina  Proktham Bhramano Ananthashakthaye ||

Thadhaham Sampravakshyami Bhadhram The Shrunu Naradha | Asthi Guhyam Mahapunyam Sarvaprani Priyankaram ||

Japamathrena  Papaghnam Sarvakamaphalapradham | Manthrapranamidham Jjyeam Sarvavidhyadhikarakam ||

Skandhasya Kavacham Dhivyam Padanath Vyadhinashanam | Pishacha Ghora Bhoothanam  Smaranadeva Shanthidham ||

Paditham Skandhakavacham Shradhdhayan Anyachethasa | Thesham Dharidhrya Dhuritham Na Kadhachith Bhavishyathi ||

Bhooyasamrajya Samsiddhiranthe  Kaivalyam Akshayam | Dheerghayushyam Bhaveththasya  Skandhe Bhakthishcha  Jayathe ||

Shikham Raksheth Kumarasthu Karthikeya  Shiro Avathu | Lalatam Parvathisoonu: Vishakho Bhruyugam Mama: ||

Lochane  Kraunchabhedhi Cha Nasikam Shikhivahana: | Karnnadhvayam Shakthidhara:  Karnnamoolam Shadanana: ||

Gandayugmam Mahasena: Kapolau Tharakanthaka: | Oushtadhvashcha  Senani: Rasanam Shikhivahana: ||

Thalu Kalanidhi: Pathu Dhanthashcha  Devashikhamani: | Gangeya Chubukam Pathu Mukham Pathu  Sharothbhava: ||

Hanu Harasutha: Pathu Kandam Karunyavaridhi: | Skandha Umasutha: Pathu Bahuleyo Bhujadhvayam ||

Bahu Bhavedhbhava: Pathu  Sthanau Pathu Mahoraga: | Madhyam Jagathvibhu: Pathu Nabhim Dhvadhashalochana: ||

Kadim Dhvishadbhuja: Pathu Guhyam Gangasutho Avathu | Jaghnam Jahnavisoonu: Prishtabhagam Paranthapa: ||

OOru Raksheth Umaputhra: Januyugmam Jagadhdhara: | Janghe  Pathu Jagathpoojya: Gulphau Pathu Mahabala: ||

Padhau Pathu Paramjyothi: Sarvangam Kukkudadhvaja: | Oordhvam Pathu Mahodhara:  Adhasthath Pathu Shankari: ||

Parshvayo: Pathu Shathrughna: Sarvadha Pathu Shashvatha: | Pratha: Pathu Parambhrama Madhyahne  Yudhdhakaushala: ||

Aparahne  Guha: Pathu Rathrau Dhaithyanthako Avathu | Thrisandhyanthu Thrikalajja:  Anthastham Pathu Arindhama: ||

Bahisthitham Pathu Gadgi  Nishannam Kriththikasutha: | Vrajantham  Pradhamadheesha: Thishtantham Pathu  Pashabhrith ||

Shayane Pathu Mam Shoora: Marge  Mam Pathu  Shoorajith | Ugraranye  Vajradhara: Sadha Rakshathu Mam Vatu: ||

Subramanyasya  Kavacham Dharma Kamarththa Mokshadham | Manthranam Paramam Manthram Rahasyam Sarvadhehinam ||

Sarvarogaprashamanam Sarvavyadhi Vinashanam | Sarvapunyapradham Dhivyam Subhaga Aishvarya Vardhanam ||

Sarvathra Shubhadham Nithyam Ya:  Padeth Vajrapancharam | Subramanyasu Sampreetho Vanchitharthan Prayacchathi ||

Dhehanthe Mukthimapnothi Skandhavarmanubhavatha: ||


|| Ithi Sri  Skandhe Agasthya Naradha Samvadhe  Shivaproktham Sri Subramanya Kavacham Sampoornnam ||

|| Jai Sriman Narayana ||