Monday 29 March 2021

Sri Vinaya Pathrika – Sri Tulsidas Maharaj – Ramanama Mahima

 




Chapter – 149 -Sri Vinaya Pathrika  – Ramanama Mahima

 

Sri Tulsidas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Raghuvamshamani,/precious gem in the clan of Raghu,  you are the purifier of the sinner, you are the destroyer of grief of Samsara, you are the protector of the Jeeva who has taken shelter at your lotus feet, hence where do I go leaving the shelter of your lotus feet? Oh! Raghunath, I have committed several sins that must have caused extreme displeasure in you, and I can understand that my Ahamkara and Mamakara and the impurities of mind must have roused anger in you, I have over-indulged in the infinite Nama Roopa Dhrishya of the Prakrithi, chasing for material welfare and bodily pleasure maybe that was the reason you have rejected pleas and turn me down from your compassionate grace, Oh! Karunasamudhra, I will not get disappointed, I will not stop pleading I will keep begging you why do not you look at me even after listening to my several cries. Oh! Prabho, you are Pathithapavana, have already promised to your devotees to protect them whoever taken shelter in you. Oh! Prabho, if you ask me to list out my desires, I would say I have one and only desire to achieve the nearness of you, live in your supreme abode and serve you relentlessly. Oh! Prabho, I am an unfortunate Jeeva drenched in the impurities of Kama, Krodha, Lobha, Moha, Madha, Mathshcharya, Ahamkara and Mamakara, excessive interest in Shabdha, Sparsha, Rasa, Roopa and Gandha, hence I understand that my desire to achieve the nearness of your lotus feet have been ruled out forever. Oh! Prabho, it is too difficult to achieve Moksha, or heavenly pleasure/Swarga, all that can be achieved only with the piousness earned in the life, I haven’t performed any austerities, Shama, Dhama, Sathyam, Dhaya, Dhanam, Astheyam, Arjjanam, Bhramacharya, Amthavichara, Swadhyaya, etc. I do not have Thithiksha, Dhrithi, Kshama, Shauryam, etc. then how could I achieve Moksha or Swarga? But I am certain that the recitation of ‘Ramanama’ would not allow the Jeeva hurl into Yamaloka, first of all, entry to the devotees of Lord Hari is forbidden in the Yamaloka, Lord Yama will not allow those Jeeva into his abode or near to it.  Oh! Prabho, after seeing all these, I feel I have no place to settle down, kindly tell me where do I go? Oh! Kosaladheesha, I am penniless and distressed Jeeva, I am feeling hopeless and anxious, Oh! Prabho, kindly allow me to settle down in the village where Pakshiraj Jatayu, ferryman Guha, untamed elephant Gajendra, hunter Valmiki has taken shelter.”

 

210) Auru Kaham Dairu Raghubamsamani! Mere | Pathithapavan Pranathapal Asaran Saran Bamkure Birudh Birudhaith Kehi  Kere || Samucchi Jiya Dosa Athi Rosa Kari Ram Jo  Karath Nahim Kan Binathi Badhan Phere | Thadhapi Hyai Nidar Hai Karunasindhu  Kyoab Rahi  Jath Suni Bath Binu Here || Mukhya  Ruchi Hoth  Basibeki Pur Ravare  Ram! Thehi Ruchihi Kamadhi Gan Dhere | Agama Apabarga Aru  Saraga Sukrithaikaphal Namabal Kyo Basai Jama Nagar Nere || Kathahu Nahi  Dau Kaham Jau Kosalanath! Dheena Bithaheen Hai Bikala Binu Dere | Das Tulasihi Bas Dhehu Ab Kari Kripa Basath Gaja Geedha Byadhadhi Jehi Khere||