Sunday 4 April 2021

Sri Vinaya Pathrika – Sri Tulsidas Maharaj – Ramanama protects the Jeeva from Bhavasagara/ocean of worldly existence

 


Chapter 168 – Sri Vinaya Pathrika - Ramanama protects the Jeeva from Bhavasagara/ocean of worldly existence

 

Sri Tulsidas Maharaj speaks “ Oh! Ram, I have taken shelter at your lotus feet, I have not practiced any worship or Sadhana, other than the recitation of your sacred name ‘Ram’, if I was wrong let my tongue get cut off, Oh! Janaki Jeevan, Oh! Prabho, you are the protector of Jeeva in the Universe, this is not my first birth, do not know how many lives have been taken in various Yoni and wandering on this Earth, and you are the only one who was taken care of me in all those births. Therefore, you are the protector of me in the three worlds, you are the protector of me in the past, present, and future, you are the protector of me in Prithvi, Pathal, Swarga as well, hence you’re are the most compassionate and kind to Jeeva, there is no deity as benevolent as you. If I have shown wickedness in my devotion to you, let me fall as a worm in the hell for several Yugas. Oh! Prabho, the Kali era has polluted my mind, forced me to sink in the Bhavasagara, get attached to infinite Nama Roopa Dhrishya, although I am gathering strength to float on the Sagara/ ocean like worldly existence with the power of Ramanama, Oh! Prabho, I have already promised that I will not get beaten by the waves of toxic poison like the interest in worldly matters/Vishayavisha.  Oh! Prabho, Tulsidas living in utmost faith and serenity with the hope that your sacred name ‘Rama’ and your compassionate grace would not let me sink in the Bhavasagara.  Oh! Prabho, Tulsidas is one of the attendants in the assembly of Lord Sri Ramachandra, hence the evilness of the Kali era could not do haram to this Tulsi.”

 

229) Garaigi Jeeha Jo Kahai Aurako Hai | Janaki Jeevan! Janama Janama Jaga Jyayo Thiharehi Kaurako Hai || Theene Loka Thihu Kala Na  Dhekhath Suhridha Ravare  Jorako Hai | Thumaso Kapata Kari Kalapa Kalapa Krimi  Hrihair Naraka  Ghorako Hai || Kaha Bhayo Jo Man  Mili Kalikala Hi Kiyo  Bhauthuva Bhairako Hai | Tulasidas Seethal Nitha Yahi Bal Bade Dekane Dairako Hai ||