Saturday 17 April 2021

Sri Vinaya Patrika – Sri Tulsidas Maharaj – The evilness of Kali era – The practice of Sri Ramanama to achieve the uninterrupted flow of devotion

 


Chapter 204 – Sri Vinaya Patrika – The evilness of Kali era – The practice of Sri Ramanama to achieve the uninterrupted flow of Bhakti

 

Sri Tulsidas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, I follow Shaucham/cleanliness and I have intense love and devotion at your lotus feet, and I whisper to myself that ‘I am the servant of Lord Seethapathi’, even though, I am unfortunate to achieve the Ananyabhakthi/uninterrupted flow of devotion at your lotus feet, I could not achieve the superior state of the devotion of Yogi and Mahatmas. Oh! Prabho, I desire for peace and serenity, but all that I am getting sufferings, grief, and agony, whenever I perform the Amrithaswaroopi Sathkarma/pious deeds, the toxic poison like my Ahamkara and Mamakara destroys the same. The Santh Mahathma beautifully described the evilness of the Kali era, all those I could be seen before the eyes. Oh! Prabho, I have no knowledge of Gnana and Vijjana, Vidhya, and Avidya. I have been drenched in Vishayavisha, hence how could I achieve the superior wisdom/Athmajjana/knowledge of self? The Ajjanaroopi dense forest in me is the dwelling place of Vasanaroopi/attributes like an untamed lioness, and the Vishaya/worldly matters are the meat of the lioness, will it keep quiet after seeing the sumptuous meal or become voracious? In this way, I have been shackled in the worldly matters of infinite Nama Roopa Dhrishya, then how did I achieve the pure wisdom? Oh! Prabho, my interest in worldly matters, Ahamkara, Mamakara, and the interest in Shabdha/sound, Sparsha/touch, Rasa/taste, Roopa/appearance, and Gandha/smell, have stolen my wisdom and intellect, hence I could not achieve Ananya Bhakti, pure love and devotion at your lotus feet. Oh! Prabho, I would like to say something, but I am ashamed to appeal before you, Oh! Prabho, kindly put an end to this wickedness of Kali era, so that the ignorant Jeevas like Tulsi would get rid of sufferings of Samsara and Samsarachakra.”

 

265) Than Suchi Man Ruchi Mukh Kahai ‘Jan Hau Siya Peeko’ | Kehi Abhaga Janyo Nahi  Jo Na  Hoyi  Nath Sau Natho Neha Na Neeko || Jal Chahath Pavak Lahau Bish Hoth Ameeko | Kali Kuchal Santhani Kahi Soyi Sahi Mohi Kacchu Phaham Na Tharani Thameeko || Jani Andh Anjan Kahai Ban  Badhini Dheeko | Suni Upachar Bikarako Subichar Karau Jab Thab Budhi Bal Harai Heeko || Prabhu  Sau Kahath Sakuchath Hau Parau Jani Phiri Pheeko | Nikat  Boli Bali Barjiye  Pariharai Khyal Ab Tulasidas Jad Jeeko ||