Thursday 25 August 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The practice of devotion is the safest ferry to cross the ocean of mundane existence

 



Chapter – 162-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – The practice of devotion is the safest ferry to cross the ocean of mundane existence

 

Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, you are the savior of the distressed soul, kindly safeguard your vow to your devotees. I am unfortunate and dull-minded, spend most of my life chasing after worldly matters of fleeting nature, and constantly pushing myself into grief and agony, hence I have driven afar from your lotus feet. Oh! Prabho, I was drenched in your powerful Maya/illusion, therefore I have taken great pleasure in wealth, richness, money, fame, possession, wife, children, companion, and relatives, that have impermanent nature thereby repeatedly throwing myself into deep distress in the absence of them, unfortunately after all these sufferings, I cannot stop chasing after material and physical pleasure. Oh! Prabho, I have heard your compassionate nature from Santh, Mahathma, and noble souls, I have listened to your glorious legends describing your kindness to your devotees. Oh! Prabho, Oh! Vrajaraj, you have given the ferry like the practice of devotion, Namasmaran to liberate the souls from worldly existence, I am unfortunate did not practice the worship or devotion at your lotus feet in the three important phases of life/childhood, adulthood, and youth. Oh! Prabho, I am helpless, you are the savior of distressed and desolate people, kindly protect me from the sufferings and grief of worldly existence, and repeated births and guide me to cross the unfathomable ocean of worldly existence.”

 

Keejai Prabhu Apane  Biradh Ki Laj | Maha Pathitha Kabahu Nahi Aayau  Neiku Thiharau Kaj || Maya Sabala Dhama Dhana Banitha Bandhyau Hau Ihi Saj | Dhekhath Sunath Sabai Janath Hau Thau Na  Aayau Baj || Kahiyath Pathitha Bahuth Thuma Thare Shravanani Suni Avaj | Dhayi Na  Jathi Khevat Utharayi Chahath Chadyau Jahaj || Lajau Par Uthari Sur Kau Maharaj Brajaraj| Nayi Na Karana Kahath Parabhu Thum Hau Sadha Gareeb Nivaj ||