Tuesday 20 December 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The knowledge of self – The supreme Brahmam resides as a soul is an eternal bliss, hence the happiness is within you, not in the outside world

 



Chapter – 279-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – The knowledge of self  - The supreme Brahmam resides as a soul is an eternal bliss, hence the happiness is within you, not in the outside world

 

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, Oh! Sri Hari, I have sincerely listened to my preceptors and Sadhguru, eventually, experienced that supreme Bhramam resides as a soul in me, and I have experienced that supreme bliss resides in my heart. I was wandering aimlessly like the musk deer chasing after the fragrances without the knowledge of the rich fragrant stored in its navel, I was chasing after the worldly matters of infinite sounds, appearances, smell, passion, and touch for happiness and serenity, alas! I did not achieve any happiness or satisfaction from it, instead, I was pushing myself into constant grief and trouble. I took shelter at the lotus feet of Sathguru/preceptor and sincerely followed them, finally, I have found that supreme bliss resides as a soul in my body. Oh! Prabho, for a moment, I was like that princess who was devastated at the missing of gem decorated necklace around her neck, eventually, her servants affirmed that the necklace is safe on her neck, which reduced the trepidation in princes. Oh! Prabho, I was like the mother who dreamt of her child lost in the crowd, immediately she got out of sleep and found her child sleeping beside her peacefully. Oh! Prabho, I was drenched in illusion and got attached to the worldly matters of possession, wealth, richness, money, fame, children, wife, companion, and relatives, of fleeting nature that pushed me into three kinds of grief, my constant chase for material and physical pleasure drove me afar from the supreme Bhramam resides as a soul in the middle of my heart. The moment I realized that the supreme Bhramam is eternal bliss that resides in my body, not in the outside world, my chase for the material and physical pleasures disappeared, and I was transported to the world of sheer ecstasy which is beyond description but can be experienced, like the person lacking speech ate the jaggery, fails to describe its sweetness.”


Apunpau Shravun Hi Mei Payau | Sabdhahi Sadhdh Bhayo Ujiyarau Sathguru Bhedh Bathayau || Jyau Kurang Nabhi Kasthuri Doondath Phirath Bhulayau | Phiri Chithayau Jab Chethan Hyau Kari Apanau Hi Than Cchayau || Rajakumari Kandamani Bhooshan Bhrama Bhayau Kahu Gavayau | Dhiyau Bathayi Aur Sakhiyani Thab Thanu Kau Thapa Nasayau || Sapane Mahi Nari Kau Bhrama Bhayau Balak Kahu Hirayau | Jagi Lakhyau Jyau Kau Thyau Hi Hai Na  Kahu Gayau Na  Ayau || Surdas Samajje Ki Yaha Gathi Manahi Man Musukayau | Kahi Na Jayi Ya Sukha Ki Mahima Jyau Gunge Guru Khayau ||