Tuesday 27 December 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – Prapaththi/surrender at the lotus feet of Lord Sri Hari to get rid of Thapathraya

 





Chapter – 293-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – Prapaththi/surrender at the lotus feet of Lord Sri Hari to get rid of Thapathraya

 

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, kindly shower your compassionate grace upon me and provide intense devotion at your lotus feet. I have abandoned the interest in infinite worldly matters of sounds, appearances, smell, touch, and passion, of fleeting nature, that have constantly thrown me into grief and agony, hence kindly provide me firm devotion at your lotus feet. Oh! Prabho, I have soaked in your powerful illusion/Maya the moment I was thrown out of the womb of my mother, I have continued the chase after the toxic poison of worldly matters, thereby I am worn out of grief and agony, now I am burning in the flames of three kinds of grief. Oh! Prabho, I have committed various sins by words, mind, and deed while chasing for appeasing my senses. Alas, I have been thrown from the top of the hill of illusion several times! Even after that, I did not control my senses or I did not get satisfied. The deities and Lord Shankara may get surprised to watch my ignorance, and no one can protect me from the Thapathraya. I have performed several rites with the selfish motive to fulfil my endless desires, unfortunately, none of the deities are pleased with me. Oh! Prabho, I have committed several sins, hence taken several births in various wombs of birds, animals, and humans, and each time I ended up in the abode of Yama to go through the hellish torture, the emissaries of Yama are tired and horrified of witnessing a grave sinner again and again. Oh! Prabho, I am drenched in impurities of lust, ego, jealousy, pride, anger, desire, Ahamkara, and Mamakara, therefore I have no shame to perform any immoral deeds. Oh! Pathithapavan/savior of the souls, I have promised to myself to abandon my interest in worldly matters of possession, wealth, richness, money, fame, children, wife, companion, and relatives, I have taken shelter at your lotus feet, I am standing at your doorsteps. Oh! Kripanidhan, I am determined, I won’t leave your doorstep even if you ignore me, or forcefully throw me out of your vicinity. Oh! Prabho, I have no one to protect me other than you.”

 

Apani Bhakthi Dhehu Bhagavan |Koti Lalach Jau Dhikhavahu  Nahinau Ruchi Aan || Ja Dhina Thai Janama Payau Yahai  Meri Reethi | Bishayabisha Hadi Khath Nahi Darath Karath Aneethi || Jaratha Jwala Giratha Giri  Thai Swavakar Katath Sees | Dhekhi Sahas Sakucha Manath Rakhi Sakatha Na  Ees || Kamana Kari Koti Kabahu Kiye Bahuth Pasu Ghath | Simha Savak Jyau Thajai Griha Indhra Aadhi Darath || Naraka Koopani Jayi Jamapur Parththyau Bar Anek| Thake Kimkara Jootha Jama Ke Darath Darau Na Nek || Maha Machal Maribe Ki Sakuchi Nahi Na  Mohi | Kiye Prana Hau Parththyau Dhwarau Laj Prana Ki Thohi || Nahi  Kanchau Kripanidhi Hau Karau Kaha Risayi | Sur Thabahu Na Dhwar  Cchade Darihau Kadirayi ||