Saturday 18 November 2017

Sri Rahu Kavacham – Sri Mahabharath – Lyrics and meanings




|| Jai Sriman Narayana ||







I shall always prostrate before Sri Rahu who has unique form of winnoing fan, he is decorated in magnificent crown, he is the son of Simhika, he is formidable/alarming, he has dreadful appearance, he is the safest heaven to worshiper, I shall earnestly pray to Neelambara who has the luster of blue sky, to protect my head, I shall earnestly pray to Lokavandhitha who is worshiped by the whole world to protect my forehead, I shall earnestly pray to Rahu to protect my eyes, I shall earnestly pray to Ardhashareeravan who have half of the body to protect my ears, I shall earnestly pray to Dhoomravarnna who has the complexion of smoke to protect my nose, I shall earnestly pray to Shoolapani who is wielded in trident to protect my face, I shall earnestly pray to Simhikasoonu who is the son of Simhika to protect my tongue, I shall earnestly pray to Kadinaghrika whose feet are hard to protect my throat, I shall earnestly pray to Bhujangesha who is Lord of serpents, to protect my arms, I shall earnestly pray to Neelamalyambara who is adorned in garlands made of blue flowers, to protect my hands, I shall earnestly pray to Manthrin/wise, eloquent, to protect my chest, I shall earnestly pray to Vidhundhutha who inflict pain on moon/ causes lunar eclipse to protect my stomach, I shall earnestly pray to Vikata/gruesome to protect my waist line, I shall earnestly pray to Surapoojitha who is worshiped by suras to protect my thighs, I shall earnestly pray to Svarbhanu who is the son of Kashyapa to protect my knees, I shall earnestly pray to Jadyaha who eradicates dullness, insensibilities, stupidity to protect my calves, I shall earnestly pray to Grahapathi who is the commander of planets to protect my ankle, I shall earnestly pray to Bheeshanakrithi who has dreadful appearance to protect my feet, I shall earnestly pray to Sri Rahu who is smeared in blue sandalwood paste to protect my all  limbs.  Whoever reads or listens to the sacred verses praising the splendor of Sri Rahu with utmost faith and devotion on daily basis after following austerities, would attain fame, abundance of wealth, good health, long life, along with the supreme wisdom of knowledge of Athman.


Dhyanam –

Pranamami Sadha Rahum Shoorpakaram Kireedinam | Saimhikeyam Karalasyam Lokanam Abhayapradham ||

Neelambara: Shira: Pathu Lalatam Lokavandhitha: | Chakshushi Pathu Mey Rahu: Shrothre Thvardhashareeravan ||

Nasikam Mey  Dhoomravarnna: Shoolapanir Mukham Mama | Jihvam Mey Simhikasoonu: Kandam Mey Kadinaghrika: ||

Bhujangesho Bhujau Pathu Neelamalyambara: Karau | Pathu Vaksha: Sthalam Manthri Pathu Kukshim Vidhudhudha: ||

Kadim Mey Vikata: Pathu Ooru Mey Surapoojitha: | Swarbhanu Januni Pathu Janghe Mey Pathu Jadyaha ||

Gulphau Grahapathi: Pathu Padhau Mey Bheeshanakrithi: | Sarvanyangani Mey  Pathu Neelachandhanabhooshana: ||


Rahoridham Kavachasamridhidhavasthudham Yo Bhakthya Padathyanudhinam Niyatha: Shuchi: | Samprapnothi Keerthimathulam Shriyam Samridhdhi Ayur Arogya Athmavijayam cha Hi  Thath Prasadh ||

|| Jai Sriman Narayana ||