Wednesday 13 December 2017

Sri Shivaraksha Sthothram by Rishi Yajjavalkhya – Lyrics and meanings



|| Jai Sriman Narayana ||










Sri Shivaraksha Sthothram is  propitious hymns written by Rishi Yajjavalkhya, praising the splendor of Lord Sadhashiva, it has Anushtup as Chandhass, it is recited to please Lord Sadhashiva, the  glorious legend of Lord Mahadeva who is Lord of Lords  is highly purifying, significant, auspicious and it is capable to provide Chathurvargaphala/Dharma, Arththa, Kama, and Moksha to the worshiper,  I shall meditate upon supreme Lord Sadhashiva along with Goddess Sri Gauri and Vinayaka, he has five faces, he has three eyes , he is Shiva who has ten powerful hands, it should be recited  by all to remain protected by Lord Shiva. I shall earnestly pray to  Lord Gangadhara who is decked in streams of Ganga on matted hair locks to protect my head, I shall earnestly pray to Ardhendhushekhara who is adorned in crecent moon on matted hair locks to protect my forehead, I shall earnestly pray to Madanadhvamsi who crushed the pride of Lord Kamadeva to protect my eyes, I shall earnestly pray to Sarppavibhooshana who is decked in venomous serpents as ornaments to protect my  ears, I shall earnestly pray to Purarathi who is the Lord of city of Thripura to protect my nose, I shall earnestly pray to Jagathpathi who is the Lord of Universe and its living beings to protect my face, I shall earnestly pray to Vageeshvara who is the Lord of speech to protect my tongue, I shall earnestly pray to Shithikanda who has bluish throat to protect my back of shoulders, I shall earnestly pray to Sreekanda who has beautiful throat to protect my throat, I shall earnestly pray to Vishvadhurandhara who is supreme Lord of the Universe  to protect my shoulders, I shall earnestly pray to Bhoobharasamharththa who eradicates burden of the Earth to protect my arms, I shall earnestly pray to Pinakadhrik who is wielded in powerful weapon Pinaka to protect my hands, I shall earnestly pray to Shankara who symbolizes auspiciousness to protect my heart, I shall earnestly pray to Girijapathi who is the consort of Goddess Girija to protect my matted hair locks, I shall earnestly pray to Mrithyunjjaya who has won over death to protect my navel, I shall earnestly pray to Vyaghrajinambara who is attired in the skin of tiger to protect my waist line, I shall earnestly pray to Dheenarthasharanagathavathsala who is the safest heaven of the distressed people who are surrendered at his lotus feet to boost my courage, I shall earnestly pray to Maheshvara who is supreme Lord to protect my thighs, I shall earnestly pray to Jagadheeshvara who is the Lord of Universe to protect my knees, I shall earnestly pray to Jagathkarththa who performs the task of creation, preservation and destruction of Universe to protect my calves, I shall earnestly pray to Ganadhipa who is the commander of Ganas to protect my ankle, I shall earnestly pray to Karunasindhu who is too compassionate to protect my feet, I shall earnestly pray to supreme Lord Sadhashiva to protect my all body parts.  Whoever reads or listens to these glorious verses of Shivaraksha would attain all that desired, ultimately reside in the abode of Lord Shiva, sacred hymns of Shivanamaraksha eradicate all kinds of troubles caused by the changes in planetary positions and afflictions caused by evil spirits.  Whoever reads or listens to the sacred armor praising the splendor of  Parvathipathi who is the consort of Goddess Parvathi, with utmost faith and devotion, would remain highly influential in three worlds.  The highly propitious hymns of Shivaraksha Sthothram was composed by Rishi Yajjavalkya in the early hour of dawn, after receiving instructions from Lord Narayana in his dream.


|| Om Asya Sri Shivaraksha Sthothra Mahamanthrasya | Yajjavalkhya Rishi: | Sri Sadhashivo Devatha| Anushtup Chandha: | Sri Sadhashiva Preethyarthe  Shivarakshasthothra Viniyoga: ||

Charitham Devadevasya  Mahadevasya  Pavanam | Aparam  Paramodharam  Chathurvargasya Sadhanam ||

Gauri Vinayakopetham  Panchavakthram Thrinethram | Shivam Dhyathva  Dhashabhujam Shivaraksham Padennara: ||

Gangadhara: Shira : Pathu  Phalam Ardhendhu Shekhara: | Nayane  Madhanadhvamsi  Karnne Sarppabhooshana||

 Ghranam Pathu Purarathi: Mukham Pathu Jagathpathi: | Jihvam Vageeshvara: Pathu  Kandharam Shithikhanda: ||

Sreekanda: Pathu Mey Kandam  Skandhau Vishvadhurandhara: | Bhujau Bhoobharasamhartha  Karo Patho Pinakadhrik ||

Hridhayam Shankara: Pathu Jadaram  Girijapathi: | Nabhim Mrithyunjjaya: Pathu Kati Vyaghrajinambara: ||

Sakthini Pathu  Dheenartha Sharagathavathsala: | Ooru Maheshvara: Pathu Januni Jagadheeshvara: ||

Janghe Pathu Jagathkarththa  Gulphau  Pathu Ganadhipa: | Charanau Karunasindhu: Sarvangani Sadhashiva : ||

Yetham Shivabalopetham  Raksham Ya: Sukrithi Padeth | Sa Bhukthva  Sakalan Kaman  Sivasayujyamavapnuyath ||

Graha Bhootha Pishachadhyasthrailokhye Vicharanthi Ye | Dhuradhashu Palayanthe  Shivanamam Abhirakshanath ||

Abhayankaranamedham Kavacham Parvathipathe: | Bhavathya  Bibharthi Ya:  Kande Thasya  Vashyam Jagathrayam ||

Imam Narayana: Svapne  Shivaraksham Yayadhishashath | Pratharuththaya  Yogeendhro  Yajjavalkhya: Thathalikhith ||



|| Jai Sriman Narayana ||