Tuesday 8 May 2018

Mathru Shodashi – Sri Adishankaracharya - Lyrics and meanings



|| Jai Sriman Narayana ||







I shall reverentially offer homage to mother in the form of Pinda/mass of rice ball, for the wood fire like grief and physical pains she had gone through while carrying me in her womb,and all those struggles she had experience to bring me on the Earth, in order to get released from all those severe sins I shall reverentially offer homage to mother, I shall reverentially offer homage to mother for all those difficulties and struggles I have caused from the day fetus has formed and the months I have spent in her womb until  birth, in order to get released from all those severe sins I shall reverentially offer homage to mother,I shall reverentially offer homage to mother for all those frequent kicks on the womb with those tiny feet as a wit of motherhood, in order to get released from all those severe sins I shall reverentially offer homage to mother, I shall reverentially offer homage to mother for all those physical and mental afflictions caused during the ten months of pregnancy, in order to get released from all those severe sins I shall reverentially offer homage to mother, I shall reverentially offer homage to mother for all the anxieties and terrible pain caused during the hours of delivery, in order to get released from all those severe sins I shall reverentially offer homage to mother, I shall reverentially offer homage to mother for making her consume extremely tasteless decoction which is difficult to swallow and various concentrated substances during the period of pregnancy, in order to get released from all those severe sins I shall reverentially offer homage to mother, I shall reverentially offer homage to mother, whose physique undergoes extreme afflictions during  pregnancy, further the delivery  results in shrinking her health by taking good care of the new born day and night, in order to get released from all those severe sins I shall reverentially offer homage to mother, I shall reverentially offer homage to mother who sacrificed her necessities of life for the welfare of the child and put herself into afflictions, in order to get released from all those severe sins I shall reverentially offer homage to mother, I shall reverentially offer homage to mother who breast feed the child day and night relentlessly, in order to get released from all those severe sins I shall reverentially offer homage to mother, I shall reverentially offer homage to mother who gets extremely anxious and frantic when her infant fall sick, in order to get released from all those severe sins I shall reverentially offer homage to mother.  I shall reverentially offer homage to mother who fight for her life several times, undergoes physical as well mental afflictions, thereby she get frail and weak, in order to get released from all those severe sins I shall reverentially offer homage to mother.  I shall reverentially offer homage to mother who was not taken good care  by their children and  children who exploited their mother and left unnoticed, in order to get released from all those sins, I shall reverentially offer homage to mother,  I shall reverentially offer homage to mother who sacrifice meal and consumes little meal to serve her child, in order to get released from all those sins, I shall reverentially offer homage to mother, I shall reverentially offer homage to mother, I have given terrible pain like death  during the hours of delivery, in order to get released from all those sins, I shall reverentially offer homage to mother,  I shall prostrate before the Supreme soul/Sarvathman who resides as soul in all living beings and creates  illusion.


Garbhasya Udhgamane Dhukham Vishame  Bhoomivarthmani | Thasya  Nishkramanarththaya  Mathru Pindam Dhadhamyam Aham ||


Masi Masi  Kritham Kashtam Vedhana Prasave Thadha | Thasya Nishkramanarththaya Mathru Pindam Dhadhamyam Aham ||

Padhabhyam Prajayathe  Puthro Jananya:parivedhanam | Thasya  Nishkramanarththaya  Mathru Pindam Dhadhamyam Aham ||

Sampoorne Dhasame Masi  Cha  Athyantham Mathrupeedanam | Thasya  Nishkramanarththaya  Mathru Pindam Dhadhamyam Aham ||

Chaithilye  Prasaveprapthe Matha: Vinthathi Dhushkritham | Thasya  Nishkramanarththaya  Mathru Pindam Dhadhamyam Aham ||


Pibeshcha Katudravyani Kvathani Vividhani Cha | Thasya  Nishkramanarththaya  Mathru Pindam Dhadhamyam Aham ||

Agnina Shoshayathdheham Dhari Rathro Poshanena | Thasya  Nishkramanarththaya  Mathru Pindam Dhadhamyam Aham ||

Rathrau Moothrapureshbhyam Klinna:syan Mathrukarpada | Thasya  Nishkramanarththaya  Mathru Pindam Dhadhamyam Aham ||

Kshithya Vihvale Puthre  Matha Hyantham Prayachathi | Thasya  Nishkramanarththaya  Mathru Pindam Dhadhamyam Aham ||

Dhivarathrau  Sadha Matha  Dhadhathi Nirbharam Sthanam | Thasya  Nishkramanarththaya  Mathru Pindam Dhadhamyam Aham ||

Maghe Masi  Nithake  Shishirethyantha Dhukhitha | Thasya  Nishkramanarththaya  Mathru Pindam Dhadhamyam Aham ||

Puthre  Vyadhi Samayukthe  Matha: Kranthakarini |  Thasya  Nishkramanarththaya  Mathru Pindam Dhadhamyam Aham ||

Yamadhvare  Mahaghore Matha Shoshanthi Santhatham | Thasya  Nishkramanarththaya  Mathru Pindam Dhadhamyam Aham ||

Yavath Puthro Na Bhavathi Thavan Mathushcha  Shoshanam | Thasya  Nishkramanarththaya  Mathru Pindam Dhadhamyam Aham ||

Svalpa Aharasya Karane Yavath Puthrashcha Balaka | Thasya  Nishkramanarththaya  Mathru Pindam Dhadhamyam Aham ||

Gathrabanga Bhaven Matha: Mrithyu Yevanasamshaya : | Thasya  Nishkramanarththaya  Mathru Pindam Dhadhamyam Aham ||

Mahabhoothan Antharangastho Mahamaya Mayasthatha | Sarvabhoothathmaka Chaiva  Thasmai  Sarvathmane Nama: ||


|| Jai Sriman Narayana ||