Wednesday 17 February 2021

Sri Vinaya Pathrika – Sri Tulsidas Maharaj – The benefits of Sharanagathi

 


Chapter -49 -Sri Vinaya Patrika  - The benefits of Sharanagathi


Sri Tulsidas Maharaj speaks “Alas! I did not make any effort to make my life fruitful, and spent most of the lifetime unproductive, even after achieving the extremely rare birth as a human, I did not utilize my mind and intellect, word, or deeds or body to worship or eulogize the glories of Lord Sri Ramachandra. The childhood days were spent in various amusements, the Chanchalatharoopi Chithth immersed in playful activities, the youthful days were spent in amorous sport, the Kamaroopi Jwara did not leave for a second, the mind was always yearning to have bodily pleasure with the woman, the middle age has been spent in earning wealth by various means of trade, Alas! while these days I did not get peace not even in the sleep, because of keeping away myself from the worship and meditation on Lord Sri Ramachandra, I was burning in the blaze of Thrividha Thapa day and night. The attachment to the impermanent wealth, possession, richness, money, fame, family, children, wife, relatives, companions etc. shoved me into constant miseries and sorrows in their absence. The pride of clan, body, and the possession of material matters that has fleeting nature pushed me to immense grief in the occurrence of the disaster, natural calamities, accidents, death, etc., pride in the body, and attachment to people were continuously thrashed by aging, illnesses, and finally the death. I have not been in the association of devotees of Lord Sri Ramachandra, or in the association of Santhvrindh, Bhakthavrindh, Mahatmas, or I did not do any selfless service to the devotees of the Lord, I did not listen to the glorious myths of Lord Sri Ramachandra or I did not speak about the legends of Lord Rama with devotion and tears on eyes. Now, I have reached the latter years of age, none of my limbs are co-operating with me, I am distressed and in extreme anguish, like the serpent lost its precious gem. I am helpless, no one to save me from the Thrividha Thapa, grief and sufferings of worldly existence. The youthful and middle ages were spent on accumulating Papakarma/sinful deeds, hence the welfare in the Ihaloka/life on the Earth and Paraloka/life after death, the both were ruined. The attachment to worldly matters and bondage compelled to commit various sins, none of those relations/people are available and are feeling shy to stand with me. Oh! Tulsi, you meditate and contemplate upon that supreme Lord Sri Raghunath, and call for help at least once, he is too quick to respond to the cries of his devotees, he is too compassionate to even the Gajaraj/Gajendra Moksha/elephant who cried out for the help from the mouth of death (like worldly existence) when he was caught on the leg by the crocodile.”

 

83)  Kacchu Hyai Na Ayi Gayo Janama Jaya | Athi Dhurllabha Thanu Payi Kapata Thaji Bhaje Na Rama Mana Bachana Kaya || Larikayi Beethi Acheth Chith Chanchalatha Chaugune  Chaya | Joban Jur Jubathi Kupaththkari Bhayo Thridhosha Bhari Madhan Baya || Madhya  Bayas Dhana Hethu Gavayi Krishi Banija Nana Upaya | Rama Bimukha Sukha Lahyo Na  Sapnehu Nisibasara Thayau Thihu Thaya || Seye Nahim Seethapathi Sevak Sadhu Sumathi Bhali Bhagathi Bhaya | Sune  Na Pulaki Thanu Kahe Na  Mudhitha Man Kiye  Je  Charitha Raghubasaraya || Ab Sochath Mani Binu Bhuanga Jyo Bikala Anga Dhale Jara Gaya | Sira Dhuni Dhuni Pacchithath Meemji Kar Koau Na  Meeth Hith  Dhusaha Dhaya || Jinha Lagi Nija Paraloka Bigaryo The Lajath Hoth Dande Daya |Tulasi Ajahu Sumiri Raghunathahi Tharyo Gayadh Jake Yek Naya ||