Sunday 7 March 2021

Sri Vinaya Patrika – Sri Tulsidas Maharaj – Paramathma is Jeevathma– Thero Tulsi Hai/I am your Tulsi

 


Chapter - 92 -Sri Vinaya Pathrika  - Paramathma is Jeevathma– Thero Tulsi Hai/I am your Tulsi

 

Sri Tulsidas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, Oh! Raghuveera, how can I stand before you with folded hands and  plea for protection?  Oh! Prabho, I have completely drenched in Ahamkara, Mamakara, Kama, Krodha, Moha, Lobha, Madha, Mathscharya, interest in worldly matters, richness, wealth, possession, fame, money, attachment to wife, children, relatives, and companion, I have not used the precious and rare birth as a human wisely, hence I feel so embarrassed to stand before you. Oh! Prabho, you are so kind and compassionate, easily gets pleased with the simple gestures of service, you would become the dearest companion of whoever remembers your sacred names, and appears before the people whoever taken shelter at your lotus feet. Oh! Prabho, Oh! Seethanath, you are the treasure house of virtues, I am unfortunate Jeeva did not take notice of it. Oh! Prabho, you are Kripasamudhra, Dheenabandhu, dearest companion of the distressed Jeeva, protector of Jeeva who has taken shelter at your lotus feet, I am an unfortunate Jeeva, even after listening to your endless virtues, I have driven myself afar from you. Oh! Prabho, I haven’t served you sincerely or did not meditate or contemplate upon you. I haven’t instructed my mind and intellect to ponder over your lotus feet, I haven’t trained myself to love your lotus feet, I have kept you afar from me and ran behind the pleasures of worldly matters and people, infinite Nama, Roopa, Dhrishya, and I have become the slave of Shabdha, Sparsha, Rasa, Roopa, and Gandha. Oh! Prabho, you are too kind and compassionate, protector of distressed Jeeva, and you rush to the cries of your devotees, you can’t bear the grief of your devotees, alas! I have been haughty and arrogant; I haven’t been humble and sincere to you. Oh! Nath, kindly shower your compassionate grace upon me, so that I would get relieved from the impurities of the mind, redundant thoughts, and the sufferings of Samsara.”

 

Sri Tulsidas Maharaj continues “Oh! Raghubeera, where did I go? Whom do I approach? No one will pay attention to me, I am your sincere slave spent whole life in front of your door, I have committed several sins, and constantly undergoing sufferings from it, Oh! Prabho, I have compelled to commit sins due to extreme anxiousness and fear of Samsara. Oh! Kripanidhi, kindly do not impose severe punishments looking upon those Karma was performed due to the fear of Samsara. Oh! Raghunayak, kindly shower your compassionate grace upon me, otherwise, this Jeeva would be pushed to the agonies of Samsara, again and again,/Samsarachakra, that would force me to commit series of sins. Oh! Prabho, I have been in Mahamoha, ignored the Paramathma Parambhramam resides as a soul, the knower of all, that is the sole source of the functioning of mind, intellect, Chithth, Ahmakara, Karma, Gnanaendhriya, Pancha Prana, etc. The supreme Bhramam resides as the soul is pure, unblemished, changeless, free from afflictions and impurities, has neither birth nor death. I have been ignorant, and blind, drenched in the Mahamoha, with the interest in worldly matters and people, impurities of Ahamkara and Mamakara. Oh! Prabho, you are that all-pervasive supreme Bhramam resides as a soul in the Jeeva, so how could you keep me away from you? You are the knower of all, you represent the Universe and its living and non-living things, hence I have no existence without you. Oh! Prabho, you are that Paramathma resides as a soul in the Jeeva, Oh! Deva, I am Parathanthara/dependent and distressed, Oh! Prabho, you are supreme Lord, independent, and eternal bliss. Oh! Prabho, you are the protector of Jeeva, no one could remove my grief, Oh! Chaithanyaswaroopa Paramathma, I am your shadow/Jeevathma, your sacred name ‘Rama’ is enough to remove the sufferings and sorrows of worldly existence, and protect the Jeeva from the vicious cycles of repeated births. Oh! Ram, I haven’t followed any austerities, Japa, Thapa, Swadhyaya, Sathyam, Shaucham, Dhaya, Dhanam, Ahimsa, Arjjavam, Dhama, Shama, the practice of vows and observance of celibacy, etc. Oh! Prabho, you are too kind and forgiving nature, your everlasting humility and kindness make me delightful, I am certain that you would protect me from the miseries of Samsara. Oh! Prabho, ‘I am your Tulsi’  and you are Kripalu, mercy personified, kindly shower your compassionate grace upon me.”

 

148) Kahau Kaun Muha Layi Kai Raghubeer Gusayi | Sakuchath Samuchath Aapani Sab Sayi Dhuhayi || Sevath Bas Sumirath Sakha Saranagath So Hai | Gunagan Seethanathke Chith Karath Na Hau Hau || Kripasindhu Bandhu Dheenake Aarath Hithakari | Pranathapal Birudhavali Suni Jani Bisari || Seyi Na Dheyi Na Sumiri Kai  Padhapreethi Sudhari | Payi Susahib Ram Sau  Bhari  Pet  Bigari || Nath  Gareebnivaj Hai Mei Gahi Na Gareebi | Tulsi Prabhu Nij Aur Thei Bani Parai So Keebi ||

 

149) Kaham Javu Kaso Kahau Aur Daur Na Mere | Janam Gavayo There Hi Dhvar Kinkar There || Mei Tho Bhikari Nath So Aarathike Leenhe | Thohi Kripanidhi Kyo Banai Merisi Keenhe || Dhin Dhooradin Dhin Dhurdhasa Dhindukh Dhindhooshan | Jab Lau Thu Na  Biloki Hai Raghubams Bibooshan || Dhayi Peed Binu Teed Mei Thum Biswa Bilochan | Tho So Thuhi Na Dhoosaro Natha Soch Bimochan || Paradheen Deva Dheen Hau Swadheen Gusayi | Bolnihare Sau Karai Bali Binayaki Jjayi || Aapu Dhekhi Mohi Dhekhiye  Jan Maniya  Sancho | Badi Aut Ramanam Ki Jehi Layi So  Bancho || Rahani Reethi Rama Ravari Nitha Hiya Tulasi Hai | Jyo Bhavai Thyo Karu  Kripa Thero  Tulasi Hai ||