Sunday 7 March 2021

Sri Vinaya Patrika – Sri Tulsidas Maharaj – The impurities of mind Ahamkara and Mamakara causes the repeated births

 


Chapter - 91 -Sri Vinaya Patrika  - The impurities of mind Ahamkara and Mamakara causes repeated births

 

Sri Tulsidas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Kripasindhu, I am drenched in Ahamkara, Mamakara, Kama, Krodha, Lobha, Moha, Madha, and Mathshcharya, highly toxic and impossible to get rid torturing me day and night.  Oh! Prabho, I am helpless, the mind and intellect are not able to be separated from any of the impurities, of ego, jealousy, pride, anger, lust, and desire, these are too dangerous takes away the serenity and happiness, surprisingly, these impurities/Indhriyas have no existence without the Prana/vital air, hence they cannot live without me, and always plays a trick on me.  Oh! Prabho, the mind, intellect, and Indhriyas easily gets wedged on the infinite Shabdha, Sparsha, Roopa, Rasa, and Gandha, and pushing me into constant miseries and grief. These impurities of Ahamkara/ego and pride, and Mamakara/I, mine, and myself, cannot stay without me, I am fulfilling its desire, getting attached to these Indhriyas. Oh! Prabho, my mind and intellect always seeking pleasure in the worldly matters and people, alas! in this way, I have been chasing after the pleasures of Samsara in several births, and keep hurling myself into the vicious cycle of rebirth, after all these, these Indhriyas, mind, and intellect are not satisfied or not stopped hunting for pleasure in the material welfare or attachment to people. These Indhriyas made me a puppet of them, I have been dancing to their tune like a slave for several births, I have been the victim of the Indhriyas. The mind and intellect, and Indhriyas compelling me to do various Karma, thereby constantly suffering from the results of it, hence I feel the mind, intellect, Indhriyas are the real culprits who push the Jeeva to commit various sins. Oh! Prabho, I am perplexed by the wickedness of these Indhriyas that easily get attached to the infinite Nama, Roopa, Dhrishya of Samsara. Oh! Prabho, kindly hold my hands and drag me out of this danger, otherwise, these Indhriyas would compel me to do grave sins and push me into the vicious cycles of rebirth. Oh! Prabho, I am Tulsidas your sincere slave, your presence in the heart would remove all my grief, kindly do the miracle for once, so that I would get relieved from the interest in worldly matters, impurities of the mind, Ahamkara and Mamakara, ultimately from the repeated births as well.”

 

147) Kripasindhu! Thathe Rahau Nisidhin Man  Mare | Maharaj! Laj Aapuhi Nija Jandh Udhare || Mile Rahai Maryo Chahai Kamadhi Sandhathi | Mo Binu Rahai Na Meriyai Jarai Cchal Cchathi || Basath Hiye Hith Jani Mei Sabki Ruchi Pali | Kiyo Kathakako Dhand Hai Jad Karam Kuchali || Dhekhi Suni Na Aaju Lau Apanayathi Yesi | Karahi Sabai Sir Mere Hi Phiri Parai Anaisi || Bade Alekhi Lakhi Parai Pariharai Na Jahi | Asamanjasmey  Avalokiye  Kauthuka Jan  Ji Ko || Anayas Miti Jayigo Sankat Tulasiko ||