Monday 8 March 2021

Sri Vinaya Patrika – Sri Tulsidas Maharaj – Meditation and contemplation for getting rid of Thrividha Thapa

 



Chapter - 93 -Sri Vinaya Pathrika  - Meditation and contemplation for getting rid of Thrividha Thapa

 

Sri Tulsidas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Ramabhadhra who symbolizes auspiciousness, I feel no Jeeva is free from the Thrividha Thapa of Adhidheivik/grief caused by natural calamities, pandemic, drought, famine, etc. Adhibhauthik/grief caused by the attachment to wife, children, relatives, companion, animals, etc., and Adhyathmik/grief caused by aging, illness and death and pain of separation, etc. Oh! Prabho, you must have seen several troubled Jeeva like me on this planet, constantly undergoing miseries and sorrows of Samsara due to ignorance and illusion, but you are the only safest asylum for all the Jeevas. Oh! Nath, you are the knower of all, you are Paramathma Parambhramam resides as a soul in the Jeeva, I feel guilty of my deeds, words and thought, I haven’t performed any task sincerely, I haven’t been a sincere servant to you, I haven’t performed any austerities, Thapa, Japa, Swadhyaya, Athmavichara, etc. I have been chasing material welfare and bodily pleasure, I have completely ignored your existence in my heart, I have been facing several setbacks due to my ignorance, illusion, and attachment on the material matters and people/friends, family, children, wife, etc. now I am speaking like an honest servant of you. Oh! Prabho, you are Sarvajja, all-pervasive supreme Bhramam, you are the essence of the Universe and living and non-living things, I have completely drenched in Ahamkara and Mamakara.  Oh! Prabho, the people have known me as a servant of Rama’, I do not know whether it is for good or bad, but whatever mistakes committed by the servant falls on the head of his Master, so I feel anxious about it. Oh! Prabho, everyone says ‘Tulsi is the servant of Ram’ if so, all that I want to achieve to get rid of my redundant thoughts, fear and anxiousness of Samsara, interest in worldly matters, Ahamkara, Mamakara and the impurities of the mind so that no one will blame you. Oh! Dheenabandhu, kindly do whatever you feel perfect and apt for me, Oh! Prabho, you are the dearest companion of the distressed Jeeva, am I not Dheena? you are Pathitha Pavana, am I not Pathitha? You are Pranathapalaka, am I not that Pranatharththi? Hence if you abandon me, where will I go? I have no one to approach or take shelter other than you.”

 

150) Ramabhadhra! Mohim Aapano Soch Hai Aru  Nahim | Jeev Sakal Santhapke  Bhajan Jaga Mahim || Natho  Bade  Samarththa Sau Yek Aur  Kidhau Hum | Thoko Mose  Athi Dhane  Moko Yekai Thu || Badi Galani Hiya Hani  Hai  Sarbagya Gusayi | Koora Kusevak Kahath Hau Sevak Ki Nayi || Bhalo Poch  Ramko Kahai Mohi Sab  Nara Nari | Bigare Sevak Svan Jyo  Sahib Sir Gari || Asamanjas Manko Mitai So  Upaya Na Soojjai |  Dheenabandhu! Keejai  Soyi Bani  Parai Jo  Boojjai || Birudhavali Bilokiye  Thinhame Koau Hau  Hau | Tulasi Prabhuko Pariharyo Saranagath So  Hau ||