Wednesday 17 March 2021

Sri Vinaya Patrika – Sri Tulsidas Maharaj – Sharanagathi to get freed from the Samsara Chakra

 



Chapter - 117 -Sri Vinaya Patrika  – Sharanagathi to get freed from the Samsara Chakra

 

Sri Tulsidas Maharaj speaks “ Oh! Ram, Oh! Prabho, even if you abandon me, I will not leave the recitation of your sacred name ‘Rama. Oh! Prabho, I am helpless, I have no one other than you to protect me, hence I will not leave your lotus feet. Oh! Prabho, I have not heard, or experienced or seen of any other deity who is kind and compassionate as you, Oh! Prabho, you are the source of welfare and happiness to the Universe. Oh! Raghunath, I am an ignorant Jeeva, and you are all-pervasive supreme Bhramam personified as Raghunath. Oh! Prabho, you are Mayapathi, your powerful Maya is under your control, I am worn out of miseries and sorrows of Mithyaroopi Samsara, drenched in worldly matters, people, Ahamkara, Mamakara, and impurities of the mind. Oh! Prabho, You are my Swami and my parent as well, and I am your selfish child/Kuputhra, I have been ungrateful to my parents, I have been constantly chasing after material welfare and bodily pleasure, I did not practice worship of you, or recite your names or serve you and your devotees, or never been in the association of Mahathma, Santhbhrindh, or listen to your glorious myths, or did not practice austerities, vow, celibacy, Sathyam, Dhaya, Shaucham, Shama, Dhamam, Ahimsa, Astheyam, Bhramacharya, Arjjavam, Swadhyaya, Athmavicharam etc. I haven’t performed any duty or responsibilities towards my Swami/Master and parent as well. Oh! Prabho, you are an ocean of mercy, parents are always kind to their children even though they do not deserve to be forgiven, you have been kind and well protected this Kuputhra. Oh! Prabho, Tulsi is worthless, I easily get influenced by the Ahamkara and Mamakara, I have no one to protect me from the sufferings of Samsara, hence I will not leave your lotus feet, even if you forget me.”

 

177) Jo Thum Thyago Ram Hau Tho Nahim Thyago | Parihari Paaya Kahi  Anuragem ||Sukhadha Suprabhu Thuma So Jagamahi | Shravananayana Managochar Nahim || Hau Jada Jeeva Eesa Raghuraya | Thuma Mayapathi Hau Bas Maya || Hau Tho  Kujachak Swami Sudhatha | Hau Kupooth Thuma Hithu Pithu  Matha || Jo Pai Kahu Koau Boojjath Batho | Thai Tulasi Binu Mol Bikathe ||