Saturday 20 March 2021

Sri Vinaya Patrika – Sri Tulsidas Maharaj – The significance of Bhakti, Gnana and Vairagya

 


Chapter – 124 -Sri Vinaya Pathrika  – The significance of Bhakti, Gnana and Vairagya

 

Sri Tulsidas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Hari, I haven’t taken up any austerities, Sadhana, Athmavichara, Swadhayaya, Sathyam, Shaucham, Dhaya, Ahimsa, Astheyam, Bhramacharyam, Dhamam, Shamam, etc. that makes you highly pleased, even after all these, I am not ashamed to introduce myself as a devotee of you. I haven’t disappointed to leave the association of Santh, Mahathma, noble-souls, who immerses in the Athmavichara and Athmamanthan and addressing myself as your sincere devotee. The Muniganas, Santh, Mahathma who undertakes strict austerities, Japa, Thapa, Dhyana, and achieve that Sacchidhanandhaswaroopa Paramathma Parambhramam abandons the interest in worldly matters, Ahamkara, Mamakara, Kama, Krodha, Lobha, Moha, Madha, Mathshcharya, and immerses in the supreme bliss. Oh! Prabho, I am ignorant, drenched in Ahamkara and Mamakara, wicked and immoral, how did I achieve that eternal bliss Paramathma Paramambhramam? The Paramathma is pure bliss, unblemished, free from afflictions, changeless, and indestructible, Oh! Prabho, my mind is impure and sinful, hence I feel perplexed, how did I achieve that supreme Bhramam with the impure mind, because the Swan does not approach the pond where the pelican, crane, Vanaras, animals, and reptiles take shelter in it. Oh! Prabho, my mind is impure with the Kama, Krodha, Lobha, Moha, Madha, Mathshcharya, Ahamkara and Mamakara, cannot experience the presence of Paramathma/Bhagavan in it. Oh! Prabho, you have chosen to reside in the shrine-like hearts of the Muniganas, Santhbhrindh who are free from the impurities, Ahamkara and Mamakara, performs Nishkamya Karma/rites perform as Eashwararththa, undertakes various Sadhana, Japa, Thapa, achieves Bhakti, Gnana, Vairagya. The Santh Mahathma takes up a journey to various Theerthas and Shrine, take shelter in these Theerthas to get rid of Thrividha Thapa, Oh! Prabho, I haven’t practiced any of those, if that happens, my heart gets swollen with Ahamkara, Lobha, ignorance, etc. Alas! wherever I go my mind and intellect does not get freed from the grief, Ahamkara, Mamakara.  Oh! Prabho, I am giving long lectures on pure devotion and urges the Jeeva to follow Bhakti, Gnana, Vairagya, and take shelter at the feet of Santh, Mahathma who are the safest ferry to cross the grief of Samsarasagara. Oh! Hare, I haven’t followed any of the things I have preached, all that I want to achieve auspiciousness. Oh! Prabho, I am helplessly worn out of miseries and sorrows of worldly existence, no one to protect me, although I am unmerited, I introduce myself as a devotee of you. Oh! Raghunath, Oh! Udharachoodamani/benevolent, I am Tulsi singing in praise of your virtues, you do not look up the good or bad in your devotees, kindly shower your compassionate grace upon me.”

 

185) Laj Na  Lagatha Das  Kahavath | So Acharana Bisari  Soch Thaji J0 Hari  Thum Kaham Bhavath || Sakalasanga Thaji Bhajath Jahi  Muni  Japa Thapa Jaga Banavath | So Sama Mandha Mahakhala Pamvar Kaun Jathan Thehi Pavath || Hari Nirmala Malagrasitha Hridhaya Asamanjas Mohi Janavath | Jehi Sara Kaka Kanka Bak Sookara Kyo Marala Thaham Avath || Jaki Saran Jayi Kobidha Dharuna Thrayathapa Bujjavath | Thahu Gaye Madh Moha LObha Athi Sarganhu Mitath Na Savath || Bhavasaritha Kaham Nau Santh Yaha Kahi Aurani Samujjavath | Hau  Thinasaru Hari! Parama Bairi Kari  Thum Sau Bhalo Manavath || Nahin Aur Daur Mo  Kaham Thathe Hadi Natho Lavath | Rakhu Sarana Udhara Choodamani! Tulasidas Guna Gavath ||