Tuesday 20 April 2021

Sri Vinaya Pathrika – Sri Tulsidas Maharaj – Sharanagathi/uninterrupted flow of devotion to achieve the serenity of mind - The attachment to material matters and people that has fleeting nature can't bring permanent happiness or serenity of mind

 





Chapter 214 – Sri Vinaya Patrika – Sharanagathi/uninterrupted flow of devotion to achieve the serenity of mind- The attachment to material matters and people that has fleeting nature can't bring permanent happiness or serenity of mind

 

Sri Tulsidas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho where I didn’t visit? Whom I didn’t meet? What I didn’t say? And whom I didn’t bow down my head pleading for a favor? Oh! Sri Ram, until I take shelter at your lotus feet, I didn’t achieve peace not even in my dream. The moment I have taken up austerities, meditation, and contemplation, recitation of your sacred name ‘Ram’, I have experienced the serenity of mind, I have understood that I have been driven madly after the material matters/Prakrithi, infinite Nama, Roopa Dhrishya, that has fleeting nature, and attachment to these Vishayavisha that pushed me into endless grief and sufferings.  I have been hurling in several Yonis of Pashu, Pakshi, Keet, Pathanga, Manushya, Demon, and Devatha, and suffering endless miseries and sorrows of Samsara, I have been spreading hands before the wicked people, visiting them door to door, begging for alms, describing my miserable life were remained unnoticed and unheard, I did not achieve neither peace nor happiness by doing so. Oh! Prabho, I have been wandering without necessities of food and clothing, I was in a chase to protect my Prana, hence I have to beg before the people, leaving my austerities, vows, to protect myself from hunger and thirst. Oh! Prabho, I have been drenched in Mahamoha, Ahamkara, Mamakara, Kama, Krodha, Lobha, Moha, Madha, Mathshcharya, and committed various sins, alas! I did not achieve any happiness or peace. Oh! Prabho, the impurities of mind forced me to commit all kinds of sins shamelessly. I have been chasing after the infinite Shabdha/sound, Sparsha/touch, Rasa/taste, Roop/appearance and Gandha/smell, to satisfy my sense, alas! all I have earned is fear, agony, and grief. Oh! Prabho, none of the Jeeva have achieved happiness and serenity of mind immersed in the toxic poison of worldly matters and interest in material matters and people, instead, they were thrown to utter gloominess and grief, even the Kings and rulers of stately pleasures did not achieve happiness and serenity of mind due to their Mamahoma/ignorance and illusion. Oh! Prabho, I have failed to achieve serenity of mind indulging in worldly matters and attachment to material matters and people that have momentary life, hence I have taken shelter at your lotus feet, I have understood the peace and serenity is vested on your lotus feet, not in the Vishayavisha/worldly matters. Oh! Dhasharathakumara, you are eminent in the three worlds, the Vedas, scriptures, and the deities singing in praise of your endless glories, Oh! Prabho, Tulsi has taken shelter at your lotus feet, and reverentially bow down before you, kindly shower your compassionate grace upon me. Oh! Prabho, you are Sharanagatha Rakshaka, Pathithapavana who protects the Jeeva who have taken shelter at your lotus feet; hence I am certain that I would achieve the happiness and serenity at your lotus feet.”

 

276) Kaha Na  Kiyo Kaham Na  Gayo Sees Kahi  Na Nayo? Ramaravare Bin Bhaye Jan Janami Janami Jag  Dhukh Dhasahu Dhisi Payo || Aas  Bibas Khas Dham Hyai Neech Prabhuni Janayo | Ha Ha Kari Dheenatha Kahi Dhvar Dhvar Bar Bar  Pari Na  Cchar Muha Bayo || Asan Basan Binu Bavaro Jaham Thaham Udi Dhayo | Mahima  Man/Aasu Priya Pranathe Thaji  Kholi Khalani Aaye Khinu Khinu Pet Khalayo || Nath! Hath Kacchu Nahi Lagyo Lalach Lalachayo | Sanch Kahai Nach Kaun So Jo Na Mohi Lobh Laghu Hau  Nirlajj Nachayo || Shravan Nayan Maga Man/ Aga Lage Sab Thal Pathithayo | Mood  Mari  Hitha Harikai Hith  Heri Hahari Ab  Charan Saran Thaki Aayo || Dhasharathke! Samarath  Thumhi Thribhuvan Jasu Gayo | Tulasi Namath Avalokiye Banh Bol Bali Dhai Birudhavali Bulayo ||