Tuesday 20 April 2021

Sri Vinaya Pathrika – Sri Tulsidas Maharaj – The life of Sri Tulsidas Maharaj – The splendor of Mahatmas -Sri Ramanama Mahima

 



Chapter 214 – Sri Vinaya Patrika – The life of Sri Tulsidas Maharaj – The splendor of Mahatmas -Sri Ramanama Mahima

 

Sri Tulsidas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, I have been door to door describing my miserable state to the Master’s on the Earth, there are eminent and kind people on the Earth capable to destroy the sufferings and grief from eight directions, but none of them heard my cries or not interested to listen to my pleas. Oh! Prabho, my parents discarded me like a worm, they abandoned me like the serpent remove its outer skin and walk away from it. Whom do I get angry on? Why should I blame them? Oh! Prabho, I was born ill-fated, people considered me as the most unfortunate creature, hence they refused to touch even my shadow. Oh! Prabho, the Santh Mahatmas witnessed my grief and pain, comforted and advised me not to get perplexed, and they were too kind and given me shelter, further, they have introduced me to the meditation of the supreme Lord Sri Ramachandra who is too kind and compassionate to Jeeva who have taken shelter at his lotus feet.  They enlightened me with the knowledge of pure devotion at the lotus feet of supreme Lord Sri Ramachandra who did not leave the Pamar/dull, ignorant, Pashu/animals and birds, Pathanga/flies who have taken shelter in him. Oh! Prabho, I have become yours from that day onwards, taken up practices and austerities, meditation and contemplation at your lotus feet. Oh! Prabho, the recitation of your name brought an abundance of auspiciousness in my life, when I think of all those, I feel ashamed of not taking up the austerities and meditation with sincerity and devotion, I have been drenched in Mamamoha/ignorance and illusion, Ahamkara, Mamakara, lust, desire, ego, pride, jealousy, etc. chasing after material welfare and bodily pleasure, hence I do not deserve your compassionate grace, I haven’t performed any religious or spiritual rite of Vedokthamarga that makes you feel happy.  Oh! Sharanagatha Vathsala, how do I praise your generosity and nobleness?”

 

275) Dhvar  Dhvar  Dheenatha Kahi Kadi Radh  Pari  Pahu | Hai  Dhayalu Dhuni Das Dhisa Dhukha Dhosha Dhalan  Cchama Kiyo Na  Sambhashan Kahu || Thanu Janyo/Jantheau Kutila Keet Jyo  Thajjyo Mathu Pitha Hu | Kaheko Rosh Dhosh Kahi Dhau Mere Hi Abhaga Mosau Sakuchath Chuyi Sab Cchahu || Dhukhith Dhekhi Santhan Kahyo Sochai Jani Man  Manhu | Thoso Pasu  Panvar Pathaki Parihare  Na Saran Gaye  Raghubar Aur  Binahu || Tulasi Thiharo Bhaye  Bhayo Sukhi Preethi Pratheethi Binahu | Namaki Mahima Seela Nathko Mero  Bhalo Biloki Ab The Sakuchahu Sihahu ||