Friday 22 April 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika - Illusion/Maya of Mayapathi/ of Supreme Lord Sri Hari

 



Chapter – 51 -  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika –Illusion/Maya of Mayapathi


Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “ Oh! Prabho, kindly listen to the cries of distressed people like us, Oh! Prabho, your inseparable Maya/interest in worldly matters, infinite Shabda/sound, Sparsha/touch, Rasa/passion, Roopa/appearance, and Gandha/smell, has taken good control of us, and she is standing with a stick in her hand and making us dance to her tune, hence the Jeeva getting drenched into worldly matters of fleeting nature, eventually gets driven afar from the practice of devotion and singing in praise of Lord. Oh! Prabho, I have been wandering to various places due to my insatiable desire, and I have taken several costumes to appease my desire. Oh! Prabho, my intellect is completely illusioned and encouraged me to commit grave sins. Oh! Prabho, the unconquerable waves of my countless desires shoved me to become untruthful like the darkest hours of the night, eventually making me wide awake all night. Oh! Prabho, the desire for wealth, richness, money, fame, etc. equivalent to the dreams of fleeting nature drove me insane. Oh! Prabho, your Maha Mayamohini/illusion has taken complete control over my intellect of mine, and drove me on the path of immoral deeds, like the prostitutes encourage the chaste women to follow their footsteps, and led them to the bed of strangers. Oh! Prabho, your Maya drove me afar from you. Oh! Prabho, I am helpless, I have no one to protect other than you, where do I go? Whom did I approach? Oh! Prabho, kindly shower your compassionate grace upon me, without your grace I cannot get rid of the sufferings and pain of worldly existence/Thapathraya/three kinds of grief and repeated births.”

Binathi Sunau Dheen Ki Chith Dhai  Kaisau Thuma Guna Gavai? Maya Nati Lakuti Kar Leenhe Kotika Nacha Nachavai|| Dhar Dhar Lobha Lagi Liye Dolathi NanaSwanga Banavai | Thuma Sau Kapata Karavathi Prabhu Ju Meri Budhi Bharmavai || Man Abhilasha Tharangini Kari Kari Miththya Nisa Jagavai | Sovath Sapane Mei Jyau Sampathi Thyo Dhikhayi Bairavai || Maha Mohini Mohi Athma Apamargahi Lagavai | Jyau DhoothiPara Badhu Bhori Kai Lai Parapurusha Dhikhavai || Mere Tho Thuma Pathi Thuma Hi Gathi Thuma Samana Ko Pavai | Surdasa Prabhu Thumhari Kripa Binu KO Mo Dhukha Bisaravai ||