Sunday 1 May 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika - Sharanagathi

 


Chapter – 67 -  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – Sharanagathi

 

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Madhava, I am an ignorant one, Oh! Prabho, I am that mindless cow taking refuge at your lotus feet, with a promise that I will not return to the toxic worldly matters of ego, lust, desire, anger, pride, jealousy, Ahamkara, and Mamakara again, kindly graze this cow on whatever path you would like to, but be mindful always, this cow may take crooked ways because it was never used to be on the proper ways, hence it is difficult for this cow to walk through the righteous path. Oh! Prabho, this cow takes great pleasure in the forest of Vedaroopi field of sugar cane day and night, and takes out the sweetest canes, in the sense, I have performed rites prescribed in the Veda with a selfish motive to fulfill all my desires, thereby I have crossed all the moralities. Oh! Gokulnatha! kindly shower your compassionate grace on me, take this adamant cow to those virtuous cows and calves of Vraja. Oh! Prabho, kindly shower mercy upon me and protect me from the sufferings and grief of worldly existence and Thapathrya/three kinds of grief, so that I can remain in bliss. Oh! Prabho, I have already taken refuge at your lotus feet, kindly leave all your apprehensions, this cow has no one to protect other than you.”

 

Madhau Ju Yaha Meri Ika Gayi | Ab Aaj Thau Aap Aage Dhayi  Lai  Ayiau Charayi || Yaha Athi Harahayi Itakath Hu Bahuth Amarga Jathi | Phirathi Veda Ban Ukha Ukharathi Sab Dhin Aru Sab Rathi || Hitha Kari Milai Lehu Gokulapathi Apane Godhana Mah | Sukha Soau Suni Bachana Thumhare Dhehu Kripa Kari Baha || Nidharaka Rahau Sur Ke Swami Jani Man Janau Pheri | Madha Mamatha Ruchi Sau Rakhavari Pahilau Lehu Niveri ||