Saturday 30 April 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The unconquerable Maya/illusion



Chapter – 66 -  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – The unconquerable Maya/illusion


Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Madhav, your Maya/illusion is so powerful, kindly stop the Mayaroopi cow of yours, it chasing me through the dirty as well as good paths, she is driving me insane, chasing me day and night. I am not getting satisfied with the material pleasure or physical pleasure; hence I remain hungry always, my desire is endless, I have already cut off the Vedaroopi tree that represents beliefs, culture, rites, virtues, etc. I have no culture, virtues, or values inherited in me because I have completely lost knowledge of the Veda and scriptures. Oh! Prabho, even after reading eighteen Puranas/Upapuranas, etc. like eighteen vessels of water did not quench my thirst, Oh! Prabho, I have not taken pleasure in the Shatshasthras/six Shastras, alas! I did not get appeased of six types of tastes, Oh! Prabho, I have performed various sinful deeds by word, action, and thought, I cannot describe them in words. Oh! Prabho, I have taken several births in air, sky, water, and Earth, and in various Yonis/womb, I have taken immense pleasure in infinite Nama, Roopa, Rasa, Sparsha, Shabdha, and Gandha, still, my thirst has not removed.  The Thamogunaroopi black colored Bison/Thamasik have beautiful horn/Sathvik, red eyes/Rajasik, gets attracted to all, but it is capable to create hollow on the fourteen worlds with its horn. Oh! Prabho, your Maya is unconquerable, the whole Universe and its living and non-living things are under the clutches of your Maya. Oh! Prabho, your Thrigunamayi Maya has taken complete control of the Jeeva, it is merciless, she does not even leave the deities, and King Bali, she has taken control of the Universe and its living and non-living things forcefully, the illustrious Sages, Rishis, could not even protect themselves from your powerful Maya, Oh! Prabho, Oh! Kripanidhan I am helpless, born blind by birth, how can I win over your Maya/illusion?”

 

Madhau Neku Itakau Gayi | Bhramatha Nisi Basara Apathapatha Agaha Gahi Nahi Jayi || Chudhitha Athi Na  Aghathi Kabahu Nigamadhruma Dhali Khayi | Ashtadhasa Ghata Neer  Anchavathi Thrisha Thau Na  Bujjayi || Chahau Rasa Jau Dharau Agau Thau Na  Gandh Suhayi | Aur Ahitha Abhaccha Bhacchathi Kala Barani Na Jayi || Byoma  Ghar Nadha Saila Kanana Ithe Chari Na Aghayi |Neela Khura Aru Aruna Lochana Seth Seenga Suhayi || Bhooshana Chaudhaha Khurani Ghoondhathi Su Dhau Kaha Samayi | Deed Nidura Na Darathi Kahau Thriguna Hau Samujjayi || Harai Khalbala Dhanuja Manava Surani Seesa Chadayi | Rachi Birachi Mukha Mauha Cchathri Lai Chalathi Chiththa Churayi || Naradhadhi Sukadhi Munijana Thake  Karatha Upayi | Thahi Kahu Kaisau Kripanidhi Sakatha  Sur Charayi?