Tuesday 17 May 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The significance of pure love and devotion at the lotus feet of Lord Sri Hari

 



Chapter – 96-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – The significance of pure love and devotion at the lotus feet of Lord Sri Hari

 

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, I am worn out of sufferings and grief of worldly existence, my attachment to worldly matters of possession, wealth, money, richness, fame, children, wife, companion and relatives, etc., hurled me into unending sufferings, my interest in worldly matters driven me afar from you, and I was constantly chasing after the material and physical pleasures of fleeting natured. Oh! Prabho, your powerful Maya/illusion shackled me, even though I tried hard to get freed, it was not letting me free. Oh! Prabho, I was soaked in your Maya, I did not practice devotion or worship at your lotus feet, or sing in praise of your virtues, or observe austerities and Shamadhamadhi, or I did not take pleasure in the company of Santh, Mahathma, noble souls. Oh! Prabho, even after I have masked as a noble soul, clothed as Mahathma/saintly person, lecturing about Bhakti/devotion, Gnana/wisdom, and Vairagya/renunciation, I could not help myself to get out your unconquerable Maya. Oh! Prabho, I could not get rid of impurities of mind such as lust, desire, ego, pride, jealousy, anger, Ahamkara, and Mamakara.  Oh! Mortals, the Jeeva who have no Bhagavathprema/pure love and devotion at the lotus feet of Lord Sri Hari won’t bring honor, just like the widow forced herself into simple clothing and restricted lifestyle immediately after the death of her husband, that does not bring respect to her in the society.”

 

Janama Siranau Atakau Atakau | Raja Kaja Suth Bitha Ki Dori Binu Bibeka Phirayau Bhatakau || Kadina Jo Gadi Pari Maya Ki Thori Jathi Na Jataku | Na Hari Bhakthi Na Sadhu Samagama Rahyau Beechahi Latakau || Jyau Bahu Kala Kacchi Dhikharavai LObha Na Chootath Nat Kau | Surdasa Sobha Kyau Pachai Piya Biheena Ghani Bhatakau ||