Wednesday 18 May 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The significance of ‘Time’ and the practice of devotion

 



Chapter – 97-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – The significance of ‘Time’ and the practice of devotion

 

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, I haven’t practiced devotion or worship of Lord Yadhunatha, singing in praise of him,  following austerities, being in the association with the Santh, Mahathma, noble souls.  I have spent my entire life wandering aimlessly, chasing after material and physical pleasures, sitting idle and hurling myself into various troubles and sins, engaging in the heated debates of futile matters, or enjoying eating and drinking or in the association of women, like the magician performs various acts during this satirical journey of worldly existence, I have achieved immense wealth, honor, richness, and later I have recognized as a pauper. Oh! Prabho, I have never been cautious of the time while I was chasing after the worldly matters of richness, wealth, money, fame, children, wife, companion, relatives, etc. of fleeting nature, I did not make an effort to slow down my mad chase after the physical and material pleasures. Oh! Prabho, I have lost track of time, eventually driven afar from the practice of devotion at the lotus feet of Lord Sri Hari, I am helpless now like the fish out of the water. Oh! Prabho, my fate has drawn me into a pathetic state, how did I achieve nearness to that Lord Shyamsundhar, and get rid of Thapathraya of worldly existence and repeated births?”

 

Janama Siranau Yesau Yeasau | Kai Ghar Ghar Maramath Jadhupathi Binu Kai Sovath Kai Baisau || Kai Kahau Khan Pan Ramanadhika Kai Kahu Badh Anausau | Kai Kahu Rank Kahau Eshwaratha Nat Bajigar Jaisau || Chethyau Nahi Gayau Dari Ausar Meena Bina  Jala Jaisau | Yaha Gathi Bhayi Sur Ki Yesi Syama Milau Dhau Kaisau ||