Saturday 21 May 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika - The worldly matters/Samsara has fleeting nature

 


Chapter – 104-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika –The worldly matters/Samsara has fleeting nature


Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, I have wasted the precious birth as a human drenched in worldly matters and bondage, I was chasing after the material and physical pleasure of momentary nature, I have been so attached to the possession, wealth, money, richness, fame, children, wife, companion, relative, etc. which has the nature of ‘DREAM’, hence I did not practice the devotion or worship of Lord Sri Hari. Oh! Prabho, sometimes I was blindly throwing myself into the worldly pleasure, enthusiastically running after my children, and grandchildren, taking immense pleasure in their association, taking them on my lap, and engaging in various amusements, some other times, I was taking pride in the company of wealthiest people, enjoying haughty conversations and debates, or dressed up like the wealthiest, tied costly turban around the head and walking through the immoral ways. Oh! Prabho, Unfortunately, I did not remember the lotus feet of Lord Sri Hari, until the aging, illnesses, the fear of death, and separation from beloved ones troubled my loveliness, strength, luster, attractiveness, enthusiasm, etc.”

 

Jootehi  Lagi Janama Gavayau | Bhoolyau Kaha Swapna Ke Sukh Mei Hari Sau Chith Na Lagayau || Kabahuka Baityau Rahasi  Rahasi Kai Dota Godh Khilayau | Kabahuk Phooli Sabha Mei Baityau Moochani Thava Dhikhayau || Tedi Chal Paga Sir Tedi Tedau Tedau Ghayau | Surdas Prabhu Kyau Nahi Chethath Jab Lagi Phal Na  Aayau ||