Tuesday 7 June 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The absolute Truth/all the material matters/Prakrithi is destructible, and the soul is indestructible Purusha/supreme Lord

 


Chapter – 125-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – The absolute Truth/all the material matters/Prakrithi is destructible,  and the soul is indestructible Purusha/supreme Lord

 

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, I was completely drenched in ignorance and arrogance, hence I have lost pure wisdom, the knowledge of self/ the Sacchidhanandha Swaroopa Paramathma Paramambhramam resides as a soul in the Jeeva, is all-pervasive indestructible Purusha, and all the material matters/Prakrithi is destructible.  Oh! Prabho, I was chasing after material and physical pleasure and my increased interest in worldly matters caused me to lose the precious gem Hari Bhakti, the devotion, and singing in praise of Lord Sri Hari. I have been wandering aimlessly to please my senses, like the deer chases the illusion of water in the desert/Mrigathrishna to quench its thirst, alas! after a long a chase it would realize that there is no water source, and die of thirst. Oh! Prabho, due to ignorance, I have attached to the worldly matters of possession, wealth, money, richness, fame, children, wife, companion, relatives, etc. that has fleeting nature. Oh! Prabho, I have taken several births in different Yonis/wombs of birds, animals, humans, etc. and performed various Karma/duties and responsibilities, in this way, I have shackled myself in various duties, thus I have been completely restrained by the Karma, like the parrot that takes a nip of tasteless Semar fruit, later struggle to get rid of the sticky substance from its beak. In this way, I have shackled myself to the tasteless and meaningless worldly matters/Samsara, with the hope to achieve perpetual bliss, unfortunately, I did not achieve serenity of mind or happiness in the worldly existence, and all my chase for the material and physical pleasure of day and night turned out worthless, brought constant grief and sufferings. Oh! Prabho, my chase for material and physical pleasures resulted in extreme disappointment, hence I did not find interest, taste, or happiness in whatever I have been chasing for a long time, finally, I have understood all my efforts to achieve the material and physical pleasures are in vain, all that I have experienced is utter desolation and grief.  Oh! Prabho, I have understood there is no difference between myself and the monkey in the hands of a magician, who spill grains to feed them and make them dance to his tune, in the same manner, I was shackled with the chain of lust and desire to appease my sense, hence I had to take several births in different Yonis of birds, animals, reptiles, humans, etc. Oh! Prabho, I did not practice devotion, or sing in praise of supreme Lord Sri Hari, or listen or reciting the glorious legends of the supreme Lord, therefore I have pushed myself into the mouth of serpent-like the painful death.”

 

Dhokhau HI Dhokhau Dahakayau | Samujji Na  Pari Bishayarasa Geedhyau Hari Heera Ghar  Manjj Gavayau || Jyau Kuranga Jala Dhekhi Avani Kau Pyasa Na  Gayi Chahu Dhisi Ghayau | Janama Janama Bahu Karama Kiye Hai Thinme Apun Aapu Badhayau || Jyau Suka  Semar Seva Aasa Lagi Nisi Basara Hadi Chithth Lagayau | Reethau Paryau Jabai Phal Chakhyau Udi Gayau Thoola Thavarau Aayau || Jyau Kapi Dori Bandhi BajigarKan Kan  Kau Chauhatau  Nachayau | Surdasa Bhagavanth Bhajana Binu Kalabyala Pai Aapu Dasayau ||