Tuesday 7 June 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – Mahamrithyu/the moment of death is terrible

 



Chapter – 126-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – Mahamrithyu/the moment of death is terrible

 

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, I have not used the three important phases of life, such as Balyavastha/childhood, Kishoravastha/adulthood, and Kaumaravastha/Youthful days to practice austerities, Shama, Dhama, Sathyam, Dhaya, Dhanam, Astheyam, Ahimsa, Arjjavam, celibacy, vows, Swadhyaya, etc. hence I have wasted all my life due to utter ignorance and arrogance.  Oh! Prabho, I was ignorant, I had the misconception that the wealth, money, richness, possession, relatives, wife, children, companions, etc. would follow me afterlife too. As the years pass by, I have reached the later years of age, and begin to realize that none of those material matters or wife, children, relatives, or companions could follow me till death. Oh! Prabho, my attachment to worldly matters, lust, desire, ego, anger, pride, jealousy, etc. shoveled me into constant grief and sufferings/Thapathrya/three kinds of grief. Oh! Prabho, I am already worn out of grief and sufferings of worldly existence, but I did not take up the practice of devotion or visit the sacred shrines or dip in holy water, etc. Oh! Prabho, whenever I remembered your sacred names were with the selfish motive either to fulfill my desire or get rid of the mounting troubles, I did not remember your names with pure love and devotion. Oh! Mortals, the noose of death/ Mrithyu is terrible, it would block your airways completely, so you can’t even utter a single word, before that sing in praise of the glory of Lord Sri Hari.”


Dhokheau Hi  Dhokheau Bahuth Bahyau | Mei Janyau Sab Sanga Chalaigau Jaha  Kau Thaha Rahyau || Theeratha Gavana Kiyau Nahi Kabahu Chalathahi Chalath Dhahyau | Surdasa Sad Thab Hari Sumiryau Jab Kapha Kanda Grahyau ||