Wednesday 8 June 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The worldly matters are toxic poison and the practice of devotion is nectar-like permanent bliss

 


Chapter – 127-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – The worldly matters are toxic poison and the practice of devotion is nectar-like permanent bliss

 

 Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, I have wasted the precious birth as a human achieved after an abundance of pities in several births. Oh! Prabho, I have not practiced celibacy, austerities, vows, Shama, Dhama, Dhanam, Dhaya, Sathyam, Shaucham, Astheyam, Arjjavam, Swadhyaya, etc. or I did not get rid of the impurities of mind such as lust, desire, ego, jealousy, pride, Ahamkara, and Mamakara, I was drenched in Mahamoha/illusion, and chasing after the worldly matters of possession, wealth, richness, money, fame, children, wife, companion, relatives, etc. that has fleeting nature. Oh! Prabho, I have taken so much care on my bodily pleasure and its decoration, I have spent the youthful days in utter arrogance and pride, I have attracted towards beautiful women of voluptuous bodily features, like the dog looking at the luxurious meal, dribbling water from its togue, unfortunately, I did not achieve any kind of pleasure. Oh! Prabho, I have been a Mandhabudhdhi/dull-minded, lost the supreme bliss/Paramanandha, while chasing after the unworthy broken pieces of glass-like worldly matters, Oh! Mortals, you have abandoned the Amritharoopi/nectar-like the devotion at the lotus feet of Lord Sri Hari and have chosen the Vishyaroopivisha/toxic poison like the worldly matters of impermanent nature.”

 

Janama Gavayau Uabhayi | Bhaje  Na Charana KamalaJadhupathi  Ke  Rahyau Bilokath Cchayi || Dhana Jobana Madh Yedau Yedau Thakath Nari  Parayi | Lalacha Lubdha Swan Jutani Jyau  Soau Hath Na  Ayi || Ranch Kanch Sukha Lagi  Moodamathi Kanchana Rasi Gavayi | Surdasa Prabhu Chadi Sudharasa Bishaya Parama Bisha Khayai ||