Sunday 21 August 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The impermanent material matters of richness, money, wealth, possession, fame, children, wife, companion, and relatives cannot provide permanent bliss

 



Chapter – 159-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – The impermanent material matters of richness, money, wealth, possession, fame, children, wife, companion, and relatives cannot provide permanent bliss

 

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Madhav, my mind is impure, uncontrollable, and reckless, it is like an untamed elephant, causing me anxiety and helplessness. Oh! Prabho, my mind is dull, it is taking pleasure in the darkness of ignorance. Oh! Sarangapani, my impure mind drenched in the Kama, Krodha, Lobha, Moha, Madha, Mathshcharya, Ahamkara, and Mamakara, is chasing after the worldly matters of possession, richness, wealth, money, children, wife, companion and relatives of fleeting nature, hence it is driven me afar from the devotion at your lotus feet, eventually hurling into the cycles of birth and death, throwing into the wombs of animals, birds, reptiles, humans, etc. Oh! Prabho, I am a dull-minded taking immense pleasure in the material and physical matters of imperishable nature, like 1) the thief searching for gold, 2) the fish get attracted to the worm on the hook, does not take notice of forthcoming trouble likewise, my mind is chasing after the infinite sounds, smell, touch, touch, and passion, without taking notice of Mrithyu/death, which is relentlessly following. Oh! Prabho, my mind is fidgety and unbending, like the fireflies that get attracted to the earthen lamp and get themselves burned to death, likewise my interest in worldly matters compels me to commit various sins by words, deeds, and thoughts, and pushing me into constant grief and agony, although my mind is uncontrollable. Oh! Prabho, I am ignorant like the monkeys that collect Gujjar/rosary seeds and sit on the piled seeds to remove the chillness, alas! the moment it takes a seat on the seeds gets muddle likewise, I chase after material matters such as possession, richness, wealth, money, children, wife, companion, and relatives of impermanent nature, that cannot give permanent bliss, even though I am not willing to abandon them as the parrots get attracted to the fresh alluring red flowers of Semar tree, take a nip on the fruit, and get the sticky substance of thread on its beak eventually get troubled with it likewise, my mind gets attracted to the outer appearance, take taste in it, later realizes that it was not at all worth chasing, eventually pushing myself into the well of grief and distress due to the sin committed. Oh! Prabho, I have taken several births, have been into different wombs, did not perform any righteous deeds, hence I did not earn piousness, or Bhakti or Gnana or Vairagya. Oh! Prabho, how did I describe the sins committed by me? Oh! Prabho, I am impure by mind, words, and deeds, but you are the savior of distressed and desolate, hence kindly protect me from the grief of worldly existence and repeated births, and thereby protect your honor as well.”


Madhau Ju Man Sabahi Bidhi Poch | Athi Unmaththa Nirankusha Maigal Chitha Rahitha Asoch || Mahamooda Ajjana Thimira Maha Magan Hoth Sukha Mani | Theli Ke Brisha Lau Nitha Bharmath Bhajjatha Na Sarangapani || Geedhyo Dhushta Hema Thaskara Jyau Athi Athura Mathimandh | Lubdhyau Swadh  Meena Amisha Jyau Avalokhyau Nahi Phandh|| Jwala Preethi Pragata Sanmukha Hadi  Jyau Pathanga Than Jaryau | Bishaya Asakth Amitha Adha ByakulaThabahu Kacchu Na Sambaryau || Jyo Kapi Seetha Hathana Hitha Gunjja Simiti HothaLauleena | Thyau Lata Britha Thajatha Nahi Kabahu Rahatha Bishama Adheen || Semar Phool Suranga Athi Nirakhath Mudhitha Hoth Khaga Bhoop | Parasath Choch Thoola Udharath Mukha Paratha Dhukha Kai Koop || Jaha Gayau Thaha Bhalau Na Bhavath Sab Koau Sakuchanai | Jjana Aur Bairag Bhakthi Prabhu In Mei Kahau Na Sanau || Aur Kaha Lau Kahau Yek Mukha Tha Man Ke Kritha Kaj | Sur Pathitha Thuma Pathitha Udharan Gahau Biradha Ki Laj ||