Tuesday 23 August 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The significance of the worship of Lord Sri Hari

 



Chapter – 160-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – The significance of the worship of Lord Sri Hari

 

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, I am dull-minded, I have driven afar from your lotus feet while chasing after the material and physical pleasures of impermanent nature, like the stray dog, wanders aimlessly, thus I have abandoned the most propitious lotus feet of Lord Sri Hari which is the source of all the happiness and welfare. Oh! Prabho, I was ignorant and attached to worldly matters and diversified sounds, touch, smell, passion, and appearance that cannot bring permanent bliss, although I was chasing after those insignificant matters of possession, richness, money, fame, children, wife, companion, relatives, etc. with excessive greed. Oh! Prabho, I have thoroughly understood that it is impossible to achieve satisfaction or contentment from worldly matters. Oh! Prabho, I am a shameless creature have repeatedly got insulted while acquiring the possession of worldly matters. I did not find the serenity of mind, instead, I had to face disgrace and humiliation. Oh! Prabho, you are supreme Bhramam, omnipresent, omniscient, and omnipotent, you are flawless. Oh! Prabho, you are that Sacchidhanandha Swaroopa Paramathma Parambhramam resides as a soul in the Jeeva, you are the Lord of Universe and its living and non-living things, Oh! Prabho, I was foolish-minded and abandoned your lotus feet which is the source of all the happiness and auspiciousness, and I was chasing after the material and physical pleasures of fleeting nature.”

 

Merau Man  Mathiheena Gusayi | Sab Sukha Nidhi Padhakamala Cchadi Shrama Karatha Swan Ki Nayi || Phiratha Britha Bhajana Achalokath Sunau Sadhana Ajana | Thihi Lalach Kabahu Kaisai Hau Thripthi Na Pavath PRan|| Kaur Kaur Karana Kubudhdhi Jada Kithe Sahath Apaman | Jaha Jaha JathThahi Thahi Thrasath Asma Lakuta Padhathran || Thum Sarvajja Sabai Bidhi Purana Akhila Bhuvana Nija Nath | Thinhai Cchadi Yaha Sur Mahasat Bhramath Bhramani Kai SAth ||