Sunday 28 August 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The practice of devotion for purity and serenity of mind

 




Chapter – 164-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – The practice of devotion for purity and serenity of mind

 


Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, I have surrendered at your lotus feet, Oh! Sri Hari, kindly protect your vows to your devotees. Oh! Prabho, I have not practiced devotion, meditation, Yoga, Japa, Thapa, vows, or I haven’t observed celibacy, fire sacrifices, purity of mind and body, or I did not follow righteous deeds, or Shama, Dhama, Sathyam, Dhaya, Dhanam, Dhyanam, Astheyam, Shaucham, Arjjavam, Ahimsa, etc. so how can I approach you with a request to protect me? Oh! Prabho, my mind wanted to say something, but I feel ashamed of my sinful deeds, hence I am afraid of approaching you with a request to protect. Oh! Prabho, Veda, and Agamashasthras highly singing in praise of your compassion, you are Pathithapavan/protector of distressed and desolate people, therefore it removes my anxiousness. Oh! Prabho, I am drenched in the toxic poison of worldly matters of richness, possession, wealth, money, fame, children, wife, companion, and relatives of fleeting nature from birth. Alas! my chase for material and physical pleasures has not stopped yet or I did not feel satisfied. Oh! Prabho, I am dull-minded, I am soaked in your powerful Maya/illusion which is abandoned like the ‘vomit’ by the intellectuals, Santh, Mahathma, and noble souls. While chasing after the diversified matters of appearance, sound, touch, smell, and passion, I have adopted all unscrupulous ways to achieve the same, I have followed all immoral ways to satiate my mind and body, thereby I have accumulated mountain-sized sins. Oh! Prabho, I am sinful, and impure drenched in Kama, Krodha, Lobha, Moha, Madha, Mathshcharya, Ahamkara, and Mamakara. Oh! Gopal, you are the savior of the distressed soul, I have fallen before your doorsteps, kindly accept me and protect me.”

Sarana  Aye Ki Prabhu Laj Dhariye | Sandhyau Nahim Dharma Suchi Seela Thapa Bratha Kacchu Kaha Mukha Lai Thumhe Binai Kariye || Kacchu  Chahau Kahau Sakuchi Man Mei Rahai Aapane Karma Lakhi Thrasa Aavai | Yahai Nija Sar Adhar Merau Yahai Pathithapavana Biradha Bedha Gavai || Janma Thai Yek Tak Lagi Aasha Rahi Bishaya Bisha  Khath Nahi Thripthi Mani | Jo Chiya Charadha Kari Sakala Santhani Thaji Thasu Thai  Moodamathi Preethi Dani || Papamarga Jithe Sabai Keenhe Thithe Bachyau Nahi Koau Jaha Surathi Meri | Sur  Avaguna Bharyau Ayi Dhwarai Paryau Thakai Gopala Ab Sarana Their ||