Sunday 28 August 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The attachment to worldly matters causes rebirth in order to nullify the Karma/deeds

 



Chapter – 165-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – The attachment to worldly matters causes rebirth

 

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, kindly do not count on my virtues and sins, uphold your honor, I have taken shelter at your lotus feet, Oh! Sri Hari, kindly remove my fear of death. Oh! Prabho, I haven’t practiced Yoga, Yajja, Japa, Thapa, Dhanam, Sathyam, Dhaya, Ahimsa, Arjjavam, Dhyanam, Shama, Dhama, Astheyam, Arjjavam, etc. or I haven’t learned a single syllabus of the sacred Veda. Oh! Prabho, I was wandering like a stray dog chasing after the material and physical pleasures, I didn’t keep my intellect pure for a second from the toxic poison of worldly matters. Oh! Prabho, I have taken birth in several wombs due to my Karma/deeds, all that I have earned while moving from one womb to another was Kama, Krodha, Lobha, Moha, Madha, Mathshcharya, Ahamkara, and Mamakara, I was constantly chasing after the deadly poison of worldly matters such as possession, wealth, money, richness, fame, children, wife, companion, relatives, etc. that has momentary life. Oh! Prabho, if Lord Bhrama makes an effort to write down my sins by using the Kalpavruksha as a pen, the ocean as ink, and Earth as paper, it won’t be enough. Oh! Dhayamaya/compassionate Lord, no deity is kind and compassionate as you. Oh! Prabho, I am wretched, heartless, wicked, impure, dull, ignorant, inauspicious, hence no one wants to look at me, I have no one other than you. Oh! Prabho, you are omnipresent, all-pervasive supreme Bhramam, endless, eternal, pure, unblemished, flawless. Oh! Prabho, you are Abinashi/indestructible, Sukhaswaroopa/source of welfare and happiness, Sarvaroop/omnipresent, Ananth/eternal, Dhayanidhi/compassionate. Oh! Prabho, I am unfortunate driven afar from singing in praise of you, hence I have trapped myself in the toxic poison of worldly matters. Oh! Sarvajja/omnipotent, omniscient, you are the protector of distressed souls, Oh! Murari, kindly protect me from sinking in the ocean of worldly existence, Oh! Kripanidhan, kindly provide your helping hand.”


Prabhu Mere Guna Avaguna Na Bicharyau | Keejai Laj Sarana Aye Ki Rabi Sutha Thrasa Nivarau || JOga Jajja Japa Thapa Nahi Keenhau Bedha Bimala Nahi Bhakhyau | Athi Rasa Lubdha Khana Jootani Jyau Anatha Nahi Chith Rakhyau || Jihi Jihi Joni Phiryau Sankata Basa Thihi Thihi Yahai Kamayau | Kama Krodha  Madha Lobha Grasitha Hyau Bishaya Parama Bisha Khayau || Jau Giripathi Masi Ghori Udhadhi Mei Lai Suratharu Bidhi Hath | Mama Kritha Dhosha  Likhai Basudha Bhari Thau Nahi Mithi Nath || Thumhi Samana Aur Nahi Dhoojai Kahi Bhajau Hau Dheena | Kami Kutila Kuchila Kudharsana Aparadhi Mathiheena || Thuma Thai Akhila Aananth Dhayanidhi Abinasi Sukharasi | Bhajana Prathapa Nahi Mei Janyau Paryau Moha Ki Phasi || Thuma Sarvasha Sabai Bidhi Samaratha Asarana Sarana Murari | Moha Samudhara Sura Boodath Hai Leejai Bhuja  Pasari ||