Monday 15 August 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika –The absolute truth/Paramarththa Thaththva/ all the material matters are impermanent and the soul is permanent

 





Chapter – 157-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – The  absolute truth/Paramarththa Thaththva/ all the material matters are impermanent and the soul is permanent

 

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Madhav, my mind is too obstinate, not willing to stop its chase for physical and material pleasure, it is attached to the infinite and diversified matters of Prakrithi/nature/Universe, that has fleeting nature, my body is aching, getting old, and weak every second, alas! my mind is too stubborn causing grief by chasing after the worldly matters of possession, richness, fame, money, children, wife, companion, and relatives. Oh! Prabho, my mind is wandering into ten directions day and night seeking material and physical pleasure, like the parrot does not leave the Semar fruit and gets troubled with its gluey kind of nature. Likewise, my mind is getting attached to the infinite sounds, touch, passion, appearance, and smells that do not leave me without causing pain and grief. Oh! Prabho, I have understood the absolute fact that I have been into different wombs, and in each birth, I have made several relationships such as father, mother, son, brother, etc., and naturally, I have to get separated from all those relationships which cause immense grief. Oh! Prabho, after knowing the Paramarththa Thaththva, I am still getting attached to those infinite matters of the material world, like the owl does not accept the brightness of the Sun. Oh! Prabho, I am dull-minded and impure, but the whole Universe knows about your kindness and compassion. Oh! Prabho, you are the Lord of the Universe, who is the source of happiness and welfare, like the sun removes the darkness. Oh! Prabho, kindly fasten the bee-like wandering my mind on your lotus feet, and shower your compassionate grace upon me so that while living in the material world I will not forget your sacred names and absolute truth/Paramarththa Thaththva/ all the material matters are impermanent and the soul is permanent.”


Madhau Ju Man Had Kadina Parayau | Jadhdhyapi Bidhdhamana Sab Nirakhath Dhukha Sareera Bharyau || Bar Bar Nisi Dhin Athi Aathura Phiratha Dhasau Dhisi Ghaye | Jyau Suka Semara Phool Bilokath Jath Nahi Binu Khaye || Juga Juga Janama Marana Aru Bicchurana Sab  Samujjatha Matha Bhesh | Jyau Dhinakarahi Ulook Na Manath Pari Ayi Yaha Tev ||Hau Kucheela Mathiheena Sakala Bidhi Thuma Kripalu Jaga Jan| Sur Madhupa  Nisi Kamala Kosha Basa  Karau Kripa Dhina Man ||