Monday 15 August 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The attachment to the diversified matters of Universe causes grief and suffering

 




Chapter – 157-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – The attachment to the diversified matters of Universe causes grief and suffering

 

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, kindly liberate me from the grief of worldly existence, do not know how many wombs I have been to, and how many sins I have accumulated, Oh! Kripasindhu, Oh! Murui, kindly do not abandon me in this birth, I am already sunken in the grief of worldly existence, I have drenched into the illusion like a bottomless ocean of worldly existence, and floating along with the waves of infinite Shabda/sound, Sparsha/touch, Rasa/passion, Roop/appearance and Gandha/smell, the impurities of mind such as lust, desire, ego, jealousy, anger, pride, arrogance, and ignorance while floating in the powerful water current causing me immense grief. The sensory organs are like the fishes chasing after their prey, and causing terrible pain. Oh! Prabho, I am exhausted carrying the overload of sins accumulated in the past several births, the excessive physical and material desires do not let me walk steadily. The impurities of mind such as Kama, Krodha, Loba, Moha, Madha, Mathshcharya, and Ahamkara are the blaze that does not allow me to take a sigh of relief. Oh! Prabho, the excessive attachment to children, grandchildren, and wife does not allow me to look at the ferry of Namasmaran/remembrance of sacred names of the Lord so that I can get rid of attachments to worldly matters and board the safest ferry of Bhagavan Nama. Oh! Karunakandha, Oh! Prabho, I am completely worn out sinking in the deep ocean of worldly existence, I am terribly upset and tired of Thapathraya/three kinds of grief of worldly existence, Oh! Shyamsundhar, kindly listen to my cries, protect me from the ocean of worldly existence, and safely load me into the sacred land of Vraja.”

 

Ab Kai Natha! Mohi Udhari !  Magana Hau Bhava Ambunidhi Mei Kripasindhu Murari || Neer  Athi  Gambeera Maya Lobha Lahari Tharanga | Liye Jath Agadha  Jala Kau Gahe Graha Ananga || Meena Indhri Thanahi Katath Mota Agha  Sira Bhar | Paga Na  Itha Utha Dharana Pavath  Urajji Moha  Sivar || Krodha Dhambha  Gumana Thrishna Pavana Athi Jjakajjor | Nahim Chithavan Dhetha Sutha Thiya Nama Nauka  Aur || Yakyau Beech Bihala Bihavala Sunau Karunamoola | Syama  Bhuja Gahi Kadi Leejai Sur Braja Kai Koola ||