Thursday 13 October 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The practice of devotion and austerities to get rid of impurities of the mind

 



Chapter – 184-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – The practice of devotion and austerities to get rid of impurities of the mind

 

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, Oh! Sri Hari, I am yearning for your compassionate grace, haven’t seen me waiting at your doorsteps for a long time? Oh! Prabho, you have liberated the people who have surrendered at your lotus feet, kindly include my name in that list, so that I can get rid of the sufferings from the ocean of worldly existence/Samsara Sagara. Oh! Prabho, Oh! Sri Hari, your fame is widespread in the whole Universe, the Veda and sacred scriptures eulogize your benevolence to your devotees, and you are the savior of the distressed and desolate people, I earnestly pray to shower your compassionate grace upon me. Oh! Prabho, I am living in utter disgrace, I am an impure and grave sinner living among the sinners, impatiently waiting for your grace, so that I can get rid of Thapathraya/three kinds of grief. Oh! Prabho, you have two choices before you, either give up on me or liberate me from the sufferings of worldly existence, if you give up, it would definitely affect your title ‘Pathitha Pavan’, hence kindly protects your vow. Oh! Prabho, I am not lying to you, I am a grave sinner, I didn’t utilize the three important phases of life to practice austerities, vows, celibacy, non-violence, truthfulness, self-control, or I did not practice religious or customary rites, I did not learn Veda or sacred scriptures, etc. to get rid of impurities of mind such as lust, desire, ego, jealousy, pride, and anger, I have committed sins by words, mind, and deed, Oh! Prabho, kindly take a look at the list of my Karma.”

 

Prabhu Hau Badi Ber Kau  Dadau | Aur Pathitha Thuma Jaise Thare Thinhi Mei Likhi Kadau || Juga Juga Biradha Yahai Chali Aayau Deri Kahath Hau Yathau | Mariyath Laj Panch Pathithani Mei Hau Ab Kahau Ghati Kathai? Kei Prabhu Hari Mani Kai Baitau Kai Karau Biradha Sahi | Sur Pathitha Jau Joot Kahath Hai Dhekhau Khoji Bahi ||