Friday 28 October 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The three important phases of life are childhood, adulthood, and youth to practice devotion and worship of Lord Sri Hari

 



Chapter – 205-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – The three important phases of life are childhood,  adulthood, and youth to practice devotion and worship of Lord Sri Hari

 

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, Oh! Sri Hari, kindly liberate me from the grief of worldly existence, I am lustful, wanderlust, wicked, deceitful, and cruel by nature, I have committed various sins by words, mind, and deeds. I am impure, my heart is darker than charcoal, and I am drenched in lust, desire, ego, pride, jealousy, anger, Ahamkara, and Mamakara. Oh! Prabho, Oh! Sri Hari, I did not use the three important phases of life: childhood/Balyavastha, adulthood/Kishoravastha, and youth to worship your lotus feet or I did not practice devotion or sing in praise your glories. Oh! Prabho, I have reached the later years of age, my limbs are fragile, my memories are weak, my senses are not functioning like before, my movements are restricted, I am miserable, I need someone’s help to perform the routine, and my limbs are not co-operating with the brain, Oh! Prabho, I have taken shelter at your lotus feet, kindly liberate me from the grief, or do whatever you feel. Oh! Prabho, Gheedh/Jatayu, Byadh/hunter Guha, Ganika/prostitute, Gajaraj/Gajendra attained liberation by merely remembering your sacred names, Oh! Prabho, Oh! Kripalu, kindly protect me from the sufferings of worldly existence, and elevate me into the list of your ardent devotees."


Prabhu Mere Mosau Pathitha Udharau | Kami Kripin Kutila Aparadhi Adhani Maryau Bahu Bharau || Theenau Pan Mei Bhakthi Na Keenhi Kajar Hu Thai Karau | Ab Aayau Hau Sarana Thihari Jyau Janau Thyau Tharau || Geedh Byadha Gaja Ganika Udhari Lai Lai Nama Thiharau | Surdas Prabhu Kripavanth Jaai Lai Bhakthani Mei  Darau ||