Sunday 16 October 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – Sharanagathi/The complete surrender at the lotus feet of Lord Sri Hari to get rid of sins

 



Chapter – 191-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – Sharanagathi/The complete surrender at the lotus feet of Lord Sri Hari to get rid of sins

 

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, I am the leader of distressed and desolate people, no one could compete with me in committing sins by word, mind, and deed. Oh! Prabho, you have liberated the twice-born/Bhramin Ajamila who uttered your sacred name ‘Narayana’ on his deathbed, Oh! Prabho, kindly give me that assurance to me as well, so that once again my faith would get cemented, so that I can call out for all those sinners to recite your sacred name, thereby getting rid of the sufferings of worldly existence. Oh! Prabho, if you promise to liberate me by uttering your sacred names, I may achieve great enthusiasm by listening to your promise once again, and I can proceed with the same fervor and bliss to others to encourage them to recite your glorious names. Oh! Prabho, I would encourage the people to choose the righteous path of ‘Sharanagathi’/complete surrender at your lotus feet, I would prove myself as a great merchant who sells the sacred chant of Lord Sri Hari, kindly promise me once, so that I would call out all those sinners who were drenched in worldly matters of fleeting nature, chasing after material and physical pleasures, excessively attached to wealth, possession, money, fame, children, wife, companion, relatives, etc. without the knowledge of ‘Paramarththa Thaththva’/The absolute truth/ all the material matters are impermanent, and the soul is permanent/. Oh! Prabho, I would attract the assembly of sinners who have been exhausted by the three kinds of grief/Thapathraya of worldly existence, now I am alone at your doorsteps earnestly waiting for your compassionate grace when I visit next time, I will bring more distressed and destitute people. I would bring all those sinners who have committed sins by words, deeds, and minds competing with each other, and throw them at your lotus feet, and that would be my offering to you. Oh! Prabho, I have accumulated mountain-sized sins with the expectation that you would forgive me, and liberate me from the sufferings of worldly existence, Oh! Prabho kindly liberates the assembly of sinners at the earliest.”

Hari Hau Sab Pathithani Ko Nayak | Ko Kari Sakai Barabari Meri Aur Nahi Koau Layak || Jo Prabhu Ajamila Kau Dheenhau So Patau Likhi Pau | Thau Biswas Hoyi Man Merau  Aurau Pathitha Bulau || Bachana Baha Lai  Chalau Gadi Dhai  Pau Sukha Athi Bhari | Yaha Marga Chaugunau Chalau Thau Poorau Vyaupari || Yaha Suni Jaha Thaha Thai Simitai Ayi Hoyi Ika  Daur | Ab Kei Thau Aapun Lai Ayau Ber Bahur Ki Aur || Hoda Hodi Manahi Bhavathe Kiye Pap Bhari Pet | The  Sab Pathitha Paya Thara Darau  Yahai Hamari Bhet || Bahuth Bharosau Agha Keenhe Bhari Bhadau | Leejai Begi Niberi Thumthahi Sur Pathitha Kau Dadau ||