Monday 17 October 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The worldly matters are momentary/Khshanabhangura, cannot provide permanent bliss

 



Chapter – 193-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika –The worldly matters are momentary/Khshanabhangura, cannot provide permanent bliss


Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, Oh! Gusayi, there is no distressed or desolate soul like me, Oh! Prabho, I have practiced with all my heart to get rid of the impurities of my mind such as lust, desire, ego, pride, anger, and jealousy, Ahamkara and Mamakara, unfortunately, I did not get control over my senses. Oh! Prabho, I have realized the ‘Paramarththa Thaththva’/the absolute truth that I was chasing after the material and physical pleasures of fleeting nature, which cannot provide permanent bliss,  they have thrown me into constant grief and agony. Oh! Prabho, it is ironic that I wanted to get rid of grief from poverty, hence I have accumulated possessions, wealth, richness, and money in abundance through immoral ways, and wasted precious birth as a human, Alas! it pushed me into constant fear and anxiety, moreover, it hurled me into repeated births and suffering of worldly existence. Oh! Probho, I have been excessively attached to wealth, richness, possession, money, children, wife, etc. I have been chasing after material and physical pleasures, and the interest in infinite matters of sound, passion, touch, smell, and appearance,  caught me into constant trouble, like the fish getting into the trap by its attraction to the worm on the hook, Alas! I did not notice the noose of death hanging above my head. Oh! Prabho, I have wasted my precious life as a human chasing after impermanent material matters/Khshanabhangura, like a person who dreamt of treasures received in abundance, got out of sleep, and found empty-handed. Oh! Prabho, Oh! Sri Giridharlal, I did not practice devotion, meditation, contemplation, austerities, penance, vows, celibacy, truthfulness, non-violence, etc. I have been chasing after the worldly matters of impermanent nature, I am a grave sinner, I have no one to protect me. Oh! Prabho, I have already surrendered at your lotus feet, kindly protect me.”


Mosau Pathitha Na Aur Gusayi | Avagun Mopai Ajahu Na Chootath Bahuth Pacchyau Ab Thayi || Janama Janama Thai Hau Bhrami Aayau Kapi Gunjja Ki Nayi | Parasath Seetha Jath Nahi Kyauhu Lai Lai Nikat Banayi || Mohyau Jayi Kanaka Kamini Rasa Mamatha Moha Badayi | Jihwa Swadh Meen Jyau Urayiau Sooji Nahi Phadhayi || Sovath Mudhitha Bhayau Sapnai Mei Payi Nidhi Jo Parayi | Jagi Parai Kacchu Hath Na Aayau Yau Jagaki Prabhuthayi || Seye Nahi Charana Giridhara Ke  Bahuth Kari Anyayi | Sur Pathitha Kau  Daur Kahau Nahi Rakhi Lehu Saranayi ||