Friday 7 October 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The practice of meditation to get rid of three kinds of grief

 




Chapter – 175-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – The practice of meditation to get rid of three kinds of grief

 

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, kindly shower your auspicious grace upon me, I am a grave sinner, I have no one to protect me and I have no place of shelter other than your lotus feet. Oh! Prabho, I am afraid and ashamed to stand before you, I am impure/Apavithra/mind is drenched in lust, desire, ego, anger, jealousy, and pride, I was not following any of the religious or spiritual rites/Akarmi, and I am a grave sinner/committed various sins by word, mind, and deed. Oh! Keshava, you are too kind and compassionate to your devotees who have taken shelter at your lotus feet, Oh! Karunanidhi, you are the source of happiness and welfare, how did I leave you and stand before somebody else begging for mercy? Oh! Prabho, I am impure, my mind is drenched in lust, desire, ego, jealousy, pride, and anger, I was chasing after material and physical pleasures of momentary life, leaving your lotus feet, Alas! I have never been satisfied with the physical or material pleasure of fleeting nature. Oh! Prabho you are the protector of distressed and desolate, you are capable to protect the Jeeva from the three kinds of grief, I am a grave sinner and impure, I have no one to protect other than you, Oh! Pathithapavan/purifier of souls, your lotus feet are capable to protect the soul/ Jeeva from the Thapathraya/three kinds of grief such as 1) Adhidheivik – grief from natural calamities, drought, flood, forest fire, epidemic, famine, etc. 2) Adhibhauthik -grief from possession, wealth, money, richness, children, wife, companion and relatives and 3) Adhyathmik – grief from aging, illnesses,  fear of death and separation from the beloved ones, hence why did I leave your lotus feet and go somewhere else?”


Kripa  Ab  Keejiye Bali Jau | Nahina Merau Aur  Koau Bali Charana Kamala Bin Dau || Hau Asaucha Aakritha Aparadhi Sanmukha Hoth Lajau | Thuma Kripala Karunanidhi  Kesava Adhama Udharana Nau || Kakei Dhwara  Jayi Hoau Dadau  Dhekhath Kahi Suhau !  Asarana Sarana Nama Thumharau Hau Kami Kutila Nibhau || Kalushi Aru Man Malina  Bahuth Mei Sethmeth Na Bikau | Sur Pathithapavana Padha Ambuja  So Kyau Parihari Jau ||