Friday 7 October 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The practice of meditation for getting rid of the web of worldly existences

 



Chapter – 174-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – The practice of meditation for getting rid of the web of worldly existences

 

Sri Surdas  Maharaj speaks “ Oh! Dheenadhayala/savior of the distressed soul, Oh! Karunasagar/ocean of mercy, Oh! Prabho, the provider of bliss, kindly do something to remove my grief and agony of worldly existence, kindly do something so that this soul does not leave your lotus feet not even for a second. Oh! Prabho, my senses are not in my control, I have failed miserably while chasing the physical and material pleasures, my mind is soaked in worldly matters, my mind is anxious and has always been driven afar from your lotus feet which is the source of ultimate bliss, my mind is drenched in lust, desire, ego, anger, pride, jealousy, Ahamkara, and Mamakara. Oh! Prabho, I am restless during ing day and night, I have not taken up any austerities, Japa/recitation of the sacred text, Thapa/meditation, Nidhidhyasa, Dhyanam, Theerthayathra/visit to sacred places, vows, celibacy, etc., unfortunately, I have wasted the most precious phases of life such as childhood, adulthood, and youthful state chasing after the worldly matters, at last, I have reached the later years of age, my limbs are fragile and not co-operating with my mind, my movements are restricted, the senses are not working like before, I need someone to perform the daily tasks. Oh! Shyamasundhara, Oh! Nandhalala, what shall I do at this moment? How do I please you? Oh! Lord of the Universe, you are the creator, preserver, and destroyer of living and non-living things, you are omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient, Oh! Kripanidhi, Oh! Dheenadhayalo, the savior of distressed soul, you are the destroyer of the web of worldly existence, Oh! Dhayanidhi, you are the only one capable to protect me from the sufferings and grief of worldly existence. Oh! Prabho, I am a grave sinner, I have no one to listen to my cries, kindly protect me.”


Soyi Kacchu Keejai Dheenadhayala!  Jathau Jana Cchana Charana Na Cchadau Karunasagar Bhaktharasala || Indhri Ajitha Budhdhi Bishayarath Man Ki Dhin  Dhin Ulati Chal | Kama Krodha Madha Lobha Mahabhaya Aha Nisi Natha Rahath Behal || Joga Jugathi Japa Thapa Theerath Bratha In Mei Yekau Anka Na Bhal | Kaha Karau Kihi Bhanthi Rijjavau Hau Thum Kau Sundhar Nandhalal || Suni Samaratha Sarabajj Kripanidhi Asarana Sarana Harana Jagajala | Kripanidhan Surki Yaha Gathi Kasau Kahai Kripana Ihi Kala ||