Saturday 12 November 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The unfortunate humans shackled with the Karmaroopi tree represents attachment to worldly matters

 



Chapter – 229-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – The unfortunate humans shackled with the Karmaroopi tree represents attachment to worldly matters

 

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, Oh! Sri Hari, how long would I keep hurling into various wombs and suffering from the agonies of worldly existence? My intellect resembles powerful streams and the Bhramaroopi/false perceptions like illusion/Maya of bees keep wandering aimlessly, therefore my mind is restless and anxious. Oh! Prabho, I was chasing after material and physical pleasures of fleeting nature, driven away from Bhakti, Gnana, Vairagya, drenched in lust, desire, ego, anger, jealousy, pride, Ahamkara, Mamakara, therefore I was never satisfied with the possession, wealth, richness, fame, children, wife, companion, and relatives of fleeting nature. Oh! Prabho, I have not achieved peace and serenity, I pushed myself into anxiousness and redundant thoughts, I was trapped into the attributes of several births/Rajasik, Thamasik,/anger, lust, desire, ignorance, arrogance,/ and Sathvik/kindness, non-violence, truthfulness, righteousness/ like the whirlwind, that compelled me to commit sins by words, mind, and deeds, and I have spent my whole life adorning the body that resembles Trina/grass, which undergoes constant transformation, aging, illnesses, anxiousness, fear of death, grief, etc., therefore, I have never felt peace and serenity. I was forced to perform my duties and responsibilities of good and evil. The three phases of life of childhood, adulthood, and Youth were spent on worldly matters, hence I have lost the precious phases of life without striving for Purusharththa/Dharma, Artha, Kama, and Moksha. Oh! Prabho, I have reached the later years of age, my body is fragile, my senses are weakened, my movements are restricted, and my limbs are not cooperating with the mind, therefore my chances to perform austerities, vows, Swadhyaya, and penance have become impossible. Oh! Prabho, Oh! Sri Hari, you are bliss personified, I shall take shelter at your lotus feet, Oh! Karunanidhan, I am terrified to approach you, but I have no one to protect me. Oh! Prabho, I am unfortunate, I  have taken hold of the Karmaroopi tree with this hand, I have let it grow gigantic with my attachment to worldly matters of impermanent nature,  sadly I did not take hold of your lotus feet.”


Kab Lagi Phirihau Dheena Bahyau | Surathi Saritha Bhrama Bhaura Lola Mei Man Pari That Na Lahyau || Bath Chakra Basana Prakrithi Mali Than Thrina Thuccha Gahyau | Arjjayau Bibasa Karma Niranthara Srami Sukha Sarani Chahyau || Binathi Karath Darath Karunanidhi Nahina Parath Rahyau | Sur Karani Tharu Rachyau Ju Nija Kar So Kar Nahi  Gahyau ||