Sunday 13 November 2022

Sri Surdas Maharaj – Sri Sur – Vinaya – Pathrika – The significance of ‘Sri Ramanama Smaran’/recitation of ‘Sri Ramanama’

 



Chapter – 231-  Sur -Vinaya – Pathrika – The significance of ‘Sri Ramanama Smaran’/recitation of ‘Sri Ramanama’

 

Sri Surdas Maharaj speaks “Oh! Prabho, Oh! Sri Hari, whom shall I approach after leaving you behind? Where did I go and bow my head? To Whom did I sell myself? How did I leave my faith and pure love at your lotus feet? Who is competent to you? Who is capable to fulfill all my desires so that I won’t have anything to beg? Oh! Prabho, you are the ultimate asylum of the Jeeva, you are the creator, preserver, and destroyer as well. You are the source of supreme bliss, you are the sole protector of Jeeva, and you are the provider of the liberation of worldly existence and repeated births. Oh! Prabho, mere remembrance of your sacred name at the time of death would liberate the Jeeva from the anxiousness of repeated births. Oh! Prabho, you have removed the grief and sufferings of the penniless Bhramin Sudhama, and you have provided supreme abode Sri Vaikundam. Oh! Prabho, you have provided the precious gem Chinthamani, the wish-fulfilling tree Kalpavruksha, and Kamadhenu, the divine cow to your ardent devotee Sudhama. Oh! Prabho, I am terrified watching the bottomless ocean of worldly existence, and its infinite sound, smell, appearance, taste, and touch. I am drenched in your unconquerable Maya/illusion/Mrigathrishna, lust, desire, ego, anger, jealousy, pride, Ahamkara, and Mamakara. Oh! Sri Hari, I have surrendered at your lotus feet, you are the savior of the distressed souls, hence kindly keep your promise alive and protect me from the sufferings of worldly existence.”


Thuma Thaji Aur Kaun Pai Jau | Kakai Dhwar Jayi Sir Nau Par Hath Kaha Bikau || Yesau Ko Dhatha Hai Samarath Jake Dhiye  Aghaau | Anthakala Thumharai Sumiran Gathi Anantha Kahu Nahi Dhau || Ranka Sudhama Kiyau Ajachi Dhiyau Abhaya Padha Dau | Kamadhenu Chinthamani Dheenhau Kalpabriccha Thar Cchau || Bhavasamudhra Athi Dhekhi Bhayanak Man Mei Adhika Darau | Keejai Kripa Sumiri Apanau Pran Surdas Bali  Jau ||